What do you tow with?

Meat_

Banned
'98 3500 Dodge dualie quad cab 24v Or an '81 GMC dualie with a RAT. I prefer overkill.

Devel said:
..."id rather be cummin than strokin" haha:rofl: :rofl:
:rolleyes:
"I'd rather Ram it than Stroke it" :greg:

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Greg said:
A 502? :eek: :cool:

That's neat, those are killer motors!

Yeah it passes most anything going up hills ...... except a gas station. It is balanced and has roller lifters and rockers and runs really smooth which makes it so you have to watch your speed. Someone in the family who didn't watch it got a ticket for going 30 over the limit up a steep hill. As far as towing with an xj, I tried it ONCE, just about lost control on the freeway and haven't towed anything with it since.

Last edited:

bigtruck

I love my truck and the best part is Im almost done. Took it and put in a new interior and got rid of the rust on the outside Put in a brand new drive train Including the new 454, new rebuilt tranny, and tcase. Its got plenty of power to do anything that I need it to do.

Attachments

• newtruck.JPG
    newtruck.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 11
  • newtruck1.JPG
    newtruck1.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
bigtruck said:
I love my truck and the best part is Im almost done. Took it and put in a new interior and got rid of the rust on the outside Put in a brand new drive train Including the new 454, new rebuilt tranny, and tcase. Its got plenty of power to do anything that I need it to do.

Ouch....those pics hurt. NICE!!! I attached pics of my old truck.

Attachments

• 77GMC.JPG
    77GMC.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 251

mesha

By endurance we conquer
1979 jeep J10 honcho. Pulled a YJ to moab followed it through pritchet then towed it home. (although it was a little slower than my cummins was)

Samarig

'96 ram 1500 sport, 360, auto. I hade a '90 f-350 turbo diesel but someone offered me the right amount for it and it was a lot of truck to pull a samurai.

1993yj

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi, 2" lift, 35's, intake and dual exhaust. Pulls great, but gas mileage sucks ass. At least its 30 cents or so cheaper a gallon than diesel, and since its my daily driver, I got the gas engine rather than the diesel. If it were only for towing, then I would have definately gone with the Cummings or Duramax.

Half-ton would be too iffy for me to use for towing a vehicle any bigger than a Sami. And I do like having enough power to actually get to Moab in decent time.

Last edited:

robfisher

Cherokeester said:
My rig, 04 Powerstroke with Edge chip and a small lift. Seems to work great for me!

Get some air bags that thing has got to go down the road like ****. I just put some on and it was a night and day diff. I pull a 12,000 pounder around every day and have no sag at all plus it rides soooo nice.