What if? An Alternative to a Dual Battery System Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
If figured the master pack was for distributors and I am interested, but hard to tell if what I want is 1 and 2. I guess I will keep my eyes open for the end product. I was just trying to understand what your product is going to offer. If it is still in development then Kurt is definately the guy to be working with. I still don't, but I am slow.

But you're all science guy and stuff. You can be a slow science guy.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
So, the best thing just happened.....I realized I never read the first page:eek::rofl:

I thought your first post on page 2 was the beginning of the thread hahahaha. I am corky thatcher.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
So, the best thing just happened.....I realized I never read the first page:eek::rofl:

I thought your first post on page 2 was the beginning of the thread hahahaha. I am corky thatcher.
Did the first page clear anything up for you?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
My only advice is if you do indeed work for JL Audio you might have signed an agreement in your corporate rule book that says anything you invent while you work for JL Audio is THEIR property...check with your HR department as I have had a few companies slide these under their employees noses and it seems quite sneaky.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Oh, I get it... its a Walkman. Now instead of jamming the Whiskey Duece Ought 5 in the Tacoma I just pop on my ear phones and rock to my Blink 182 singles on the Walkman. No more drained auto batteries. Genius!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I don't know about you guys but when I had a walkman I used to carry around a metric ton of batteries...I'm sure I could chain enough of those little guys together to get 12-14 volts and jump a dead car battery right?....no?....ok....

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I installed it into my rig last night. It's became quickly obvious that a key component that I selected wasn't right because it didn't offer the range of adjustability I need. Under controlled conditions, it worked they way I thought it would. I need to swap the component (I think that this will happen several times) and try again. The next step is I'll need to get my hands on an expo fridge for more real-world testing. Once I get the components dialed in and invest in some equipment, I'll be seeking Beta testers. My goal is to offer a product that can be user-specified based upon the type of battery or number of batteries in the rig. My Runner hasn't exploded yet so I celebrate the success.

DAA

I use the crap out of my fridge and run only a single battery - with no plans to go dual. Would definitely be interested in beta when you reach that point.

- DAA

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I demonstrated the black box to an honorable member of the RME community last night and I believe that he sees the idea as viable for the adventurer with a single batt OR a dual batt system. His future endorsement will be welcomed (if I've earned it).

MOODY

Bald Guy
I'm not so honorable, but I saw it work firsthand. I think with some minor tweaks it will be a really nice addition to the backcountry traveler's vehicle. Set it and forget it. I plan on adding one to the 4runner's second battery so I can go wander around the desert and return to cold beers.

Status
Not open for further replies.