What if? An Alternative to a Dual Battery System Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Another upstanding member of the RME community saw a private live demo at the RME 4x4 Training Day and his words were "that's cooler than I thought it would be". If all goes to plan, I should have an actual shipping unit to donate to the raffle at the next RME Training Day (assuming the organizers allow it).

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I'm still waiting to find out what exactly it is, or does! Inquiring minds want to know....

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I would be happy to tell you guys what it does, but i dont think it is my place to let the cat out of the bag. It is surprizingly cool though.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
It's suprizingly lame to make comments about not being able to promote it on RME, yet promote it on RME by complaining that it can't be promoted on RME without a blue gear.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I have a guess, but I'll keep my mouth shut so as not to potentially spoil your "unique" marketing approach.

Nothing like building up contempt and consumer irritation prior to a potential product launch.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I have a guess, but I'll keep my mouth shut so as not to potentially spoil your "unique" marketing approach.

Nothing like building up contempt and consumer irritation prior to a potential product launch.

The reality is, people who are actually irritated are not consumers anyway.

MOODY

Bald Guy
I'd like to see this come together soon. I think you have a solid idea and a strong electrical background to ensure it works well. Best of luck.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I have vast experience with patents and applying for them from my time at JL Audio (we didn't need no stinkin' lawyers). This idea isn't patentable however. The costs of starting up a business is great enough, add to it the cost of being me, R&D and testing; it can be a huge mountain to climb for a brotha.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
To reduce my costs and increase my reach, I've decided that it might be best to work with a regional distributor; I am in conversation with peeps right now.

MOODY

Bald Guy
I hear you. That's partially why I quit doing the battery trays and such. Not that I was going to patent them, but getting things just right, people building them, shipping, etc. all for a $5-$10 profit on a unit isn't worth it.

Keep working at it J Co. You'll do well with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.