What's your favorite wheelin photo from 2008? Wheelin goal for 2009?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Well, 2008 is just about over... was it a good year for you? Personally I had some great times, with even better people. Lots of 4x4 trips, cleanups and hanging out with friends, etc. I really enjoyed the last 12 months.

This is a 2 part question so pay attention!

Part#1- What is your favorite wheelin photo from this 2008?

I have 2, for me it's a tough call between 2 very different types of wheelin.

Attempting the waterfall on Helldorado with my TJ, in the rain during the Moab Mash-

386694788_MbwGd-L.jpg

And a friend coming down Rose Garden Hill in his Landcruiser, 2/3 of the way thru the Kokopelli trail-

372321895_RH7R7-M.jpg

Part #2- What's your wheelin-related goal for 2009?

I'd like to get out to the Rubicon trail with my TJ and take a leisurely trip, exploring and seeing the sights.

How about you?

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
My favorite wheeling photo, of myself, is probably this one:

COPY (Medium).jpg

... because that's from the first trip out with the Blazer on 1-tons. :D

Wheeling goals for '09?

1. get to Moab! and hit Hell's Revenge, Metal Masher, and maybe Pritchett.
2. get a rollcage and another locker
3. get the expediton Burb going and to to Zion w/the family for a week.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I didn't go wheeling in 2008. First time in many years... :( My goal for 2009 is to go wheeling. :)

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
I like the feel of the size of this picture, From Feb of '08

3155807780_4f1d8af65d_b.jpg

3155807796_43fca8f8a0_b.jpg

Maybe, I can finish this, in '09

3155807800_d9a86f1472_b.jpg

Its only been 3+ years in the works, Kurt gives me crap now and again, I haven't heard any smug comments lately, Maybe he gave up on my :)

O'neal

?????????
My favorite pic.My wife messin around in the begining of 21 road,first time in the driver's seat actually wheelin,had so much fun I could'nt get back in the seat.
Goal for '09 is to go back to 21 and let her run the whole trail.Didn't get to last year since my buddy totally broke the dr side frame on his old jeepster.

Attachments

• sidekick 009.jpg
    sidekick 009.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 34

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
I have a few too many favorite pics of my own and of others to post.

Goals... More trails, some sliders and maybe, just maybe get the Ranger finished, finally....

Badbuggy

rock star
Several good trips this year, and far far too many pictures. This one is just after the OFFROAD SHOW, last year. The first major trail after recovering from my back surgery. A good trip with a good bunch of guys. Also the first time I took the short cut, on 21 Road.
21rdbigrick1.jpg

Same trip, my buddy Ed's CJ5 doing it's thing.
21roaded1.jpg

This year, more builds, more trails, more fun.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
This was definitely my funnest wheeling moment of 2008. It was taken at the dunes in February, just like the cruisers above.

Airborne.jpg

For 2009, I'd like to stop changing out vehicles on every whim. It would be nice to stick with just one rig and get it where I really want it to be, then KEEP it for a few years and enjoy it. As much as I love/hate this Cherokee, I'm now planning on finishing it out. It needs more interior comfort (fleet model) and the suspension and steering need some fine tuning. I also NEED to truss the front axle for moments like the one above. Perhaps some frame plating is in order as well!

Happy New Year!
Jared

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
My favorite picture is on Rock Chucker last October
metal_masher_13.jpg

0805240023-1.jpg

This years goal is to make a trip into the Maze district of Canyonlands and possibly run Hole in the rock.

Last edited:

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
This was definitely my funnest wheeling moment of 2008. It was taken at the dunes in February, just like the cruisers above.

Airborne.jpg

For 2009, I'd like to stop changing out vehicles on every whim. It would be nice to stick with just one rig and get it where I really want it to be, then KEEP it for a few years and enjoy it. As much as I love/hate this Cherokee, I'm now planning on finishing it out. It needs more interior comfort (fleet model) and the suspension and steering need some fine tuning. I also NEED to truss the front axle for moments like the one above. Perhaps some frame plating is in order as well!

Happy New Year!
Jared

I think a few friends and I run across you guys out there at the time this pix was taken, we were on 4 wheelers.. was it a NAXJA run. were planing on taking our rigs out there this winter. recognized a couple of xj's from the behind the rocks run you guys did.

CJ Matt

It is too hard to pick just one picture. 2008 was a pretty good year for wheeling. I had the Jeep redone and was able to make a trip to Barrett Lake and the Rubicon. I did expose a weakness or two on that trip and did not get to run Fordyce. I also made some local trips thanks to this site. I finally used it to set up or invite myself on some of trips people where going on. I met some good people and had fun wheeling with them.

2009 needs to have at least one Moab trip. I went once last year but it was while my Jeep was in the shop. I did get into a Polish Playboy driving the neighbors Jeep though:greg: I need to upgrade my front axle shafts and have that figured out just haven't spent the $$ yet. I would also like to get back to Johnson Valley, Ca. Last, would be to continue meeting some of the members of RME. A trip to Colorado would be cool too if an oportunity was there.

Attachments

• CIMG2342.jpg
    CIMG2342.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN1542.jpg
    DSCN1542.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 22
  • HPIM1977.jpg
    HPIM1977.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 17
  • img0808cu1.jpg
    img0808cu1.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

LT.

My favorites are from this last October in Moab. We were there for the Moab Mash as well. As far as plans go I would really like to get the rear fourlink done. I would also like to have the crossover steering done and get to Moab again with all my friends and family for the Easter Jeep Safari. I am also hoping to make some new friends along the way.

LT.

Attachments

• IMG_1176.jpg
    IMG_1176.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1188.jpg
    IMG_1188.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1200.jpg
    IMG_1200.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1215.jpg
    IMG_1215.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1235.jpg
    IMG_1235.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 23

Chevycrew

I didnt do much wheeling in 2008, here's pics of what I did do.

01-26-08_1735.jpg01-26-08_1737.jpgcrewmud3.jpgcrewmud6.jpg

My goal for 2009 is to get the toyota to moab, and wheel it.

rock4fun

I don't know if all these are my favorite pics but the one with my kids in the back of the crawler is. They are real troopers that was during the moab mash the other ones are of some goals I had set for 08. One being to be in some sort of comp so I did the delta old school rock crawl and ended up in 3rd place in the legends class. The second was to go on hells revenge in moab just to try micky's hot tube and the escalator and I made it up and out of the hot tube on my first time sooo sweet. for 09 I think I will try to make it to wheel places I have never went and trails I have never been on. First on the 09 list St George for the winter fest,then farmington new mexico , and by the and of the summer I would like to be able to say I have ran most of the trails in area B.F.E.

Attachments

• IMG_1298.jpg
    IMG_1298.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0982.jpg
    IMG_0982.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1323.jpg
    IMG_1323.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 16