South-West Utah Wheeling Sand Hollow for Easter, whos in?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I will be down that weekend and would be willing to lead a run for people who dont know the trails and arent running buggys. I will be going out with the folks from dixie 4 wheel drive.

Sounds great. I'd like to tag along.

gatchmo5710

Sounds great. I'd like to tag along.

I will try and be out by washington dam staging area around 9. Im assuming thats where everyone will be meeting anyways. We can all split from there. i will be driving my heep back to logan tuesday so i cant beat it up to badly.

sabatoa1

I think that I am out for Easter don't have enough money to fix my Air bag on my tow rig and axles for the buggy. If I sell some of the parts of my 4runner I might be able to make it. If anyone needs some Toyota parts hit me up!!!

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I will try and be out by washington dam staging area around 9. Im assuming thats where everyone will be meeting anyways. We can all split from there. i will be driving my heep back to logan tuesday so i cant beat it up to badly.

Sounds good. Got directions to the dam?

Mcamish01

Carolina Crawler
Planning to head down Thurs (28th) and stay at Sand Hollow Campground. Anybody else camping? Pretty excited about wheeling a new spot!

Barclay

gatchmo5710

There is good camping at the reservoir, cost some money but fairly cheap. If i were you i would camp on the backside of sandhollow, the south end of warner valley.

ricsrx

I will be going down thursday night and running the area on Friday, I might just run Milts mile, then over to the maze or play area on top

gatchmo5710

Any particular reason? New to the area and just looking for the best camping arrangement.

Barclay

You will be by yourself. There is some sand dunes back there with great camping and your only 10 minutes from trail head. Night sky will be beautiful!!!!

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I like the idea of that camp spot gatchmo. I have a house to stay in and will probably do that Thursday night. If my BIL rides with me on Saturday I'd be up for camping Friday night. I'm still not sure where to meet up with the easier run group on Friday morning. Any thoughts on the meet up spot, including directions on how to get there.

ricsrx

I will not be trailering so I will be on the main road out side the Park entrance friday morning 8 to 9 ish. you can enter the area just south of that point unless the fence is up, durring WOTR that access was open.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Where is the staging area that has been talked about? From what I read, most of the trails start after passing through a tunnel. Where is that located at? Sorry, I'm sand hollow dumb.

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Where is the staging area that has been talked about? From what I read, most of the trails start after passing through a tunnel. Where is that located at? Sorry, I'm sand hollow dumb.

As you pass thru the main gate and pay $10.... you make an immediate RIGHT. when you follow that road around (mind your speed!!) you will see a parking area with a bathroom on the left... thats the first parking area.... continue on the road maybe an additional 1/4 mile and you will see another parking lot to the right (This is the one you want... park there to meet lots of people. its kind of an incline to the right, with bathrooms as well).

Thats what I would consider the staging area. As you move closer to the bathrooms you will see an extended gravel parking area as you go past there make a hard right and go under the road thru a tunnel almost instantly you are on the "trails"

Sand-Hollow-State-Park-Map_mediumthumb.jpg

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
As you pass thru the gate and pay $10.... you make an immediate RIGHT. when you follow that road around (mind your speed!!) you will see a parking area with a bathroom on the left... thats the first parking area.... continue on the road maybe an additional 1/4 mile and you will see another parking lot to the right (This is the one you want... park there to meet lots of people. its kind of an incline to the right, with bathrooms as well).

Thats what I would consider the staging area. As you move closer to the bathrooms you will see an extended gravel parking area as you go past there make a hard right and go under the road thru a tunnel almost instantly you are on the "trails"

View attachment 80604

Thanks, That's what I was looking for. I'll be there around 8am on Friday.