Which rv/5th wheel solution for full time?

Corban_White

I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but why not an Excursion? It has most of the van pros, plus being factory 4x4, easier to work on, easier to find, cheaper, etc. The interior height will be a bit lower but the factory 4x4 is a big plus IMO. Parts and repairs while on the road will be a lot easier than a conversion. JM2C.

sixstringsteve

You're right, an excursion would save a lot of money and could be a great option. After checking out a few, I'm sold on a van.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I think we finally found the perfect RV.

[video=youtube;e7AdfLiPYHg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7AdfLiPYHg&index=10&list=PLWysv3wFKyy51uoVI85jdvMAEPOcmA6hr[/video]

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I think you should go look at that Freightliner/toyhauler combo. They really do drive better than you'd expect and you're not lacking for truck or trailer strength.

sixstringsteve

Still waiting for the right 7.3 E350 to pop up. Chances are good we'll have to purchase out of state. If anyone knows someone with a 7.3L E350 that they'd be willing to sell, let 'em know I'm looking. 97-03 15 passenger EB is what we're looking for. Even searching craigslist nationwide it's been a struggle to find the right one.

sixstringsteve

Van found. Its a 7.3L e350. We are picking it up on sat. I don't want to say more for fear of jinxing it.

Last edited: