Whiskey

Die Blaue Ziege

Working on a Ford somewhere
Whenever I travel to a new state I check out the local beer and then ask the locals what the best whiskey is from their state. I just returned from a week in Denver Co and here is my haul. I didn’t know colors brewing made whiskey, that is what the Five trail is. And I have never had a spiced whiskey but the guy at the liquor store said it was amazing ( 39 North spiced whiskey

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 29

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
When traveling we have made it a point to stop at local distilleries and breweries. There is a good one in Pendelton, Oregon. They make a horseradish vodka that makes an incredible bloody mary. They sell pre-made bloody mary's in a can that are really good.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Went to Colorado City for some lunch. Been told the grocery store there has a decent liquor store. They had quite a bit of stuff. Picked this up. Doesn’t taste to bad over ice. However sipping whiskey has been giving me a little bit of heart burn so I splashed it with some sprite. IMG_8652.jpeg
Then this was on the shelf so I just had to try it. Not bad if you like pickles.

IMG_8653.jpeg
We went to a place called Over the Edge Brewery and they had some pretty good pretzels.

IMG_8649.jpeg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Not whiskey, but brandy... had a taste test this morning around 9 AM. 😆 Been wanting to drink Rakia for awhile, might as well try it in Montenegro! It's sweet but STRONG.

Rakia, Rakija, Rachiu or Raki, is the collective term for fruit spirits (or fruit brandy) popular in the Balkans. The alcohol content of rakia is normally 40% ABV, but home-produced rakia can be stronger (typically 50–80%).

20230709_142656.jpg

Die Blaue Ziege

My wife gave me this scratch off bucket list for my Birthday, she was thinking I could scratch each one off after I had purchased a bottle. I took a look at some of the bottles and told her let’s scratch it off after we both take a shot instead… I don’t think she realized how expensive and rare some of these are🤔 it would be a very expensive collection and I just don’t think I would be able to buy each bottle 😳. That being said I do already have a couple of bottles that are on here, and to start off we enjoyed some Buffalo trace. Now who has a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 20yr that want to share ? 😎

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 27

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
My wife gave me this scratch off bucket list for my Birthday, she was thinking I could scratch each one off after I had purchased a bottle. I took a look at some of the bottles and told her let’s scratch it off after we both take a shot instead… I don’t think she realized how expensive and rare some of these are🤔 it would be a very expensive collection and I just don’t think I would be able to buy each bottle 😳. That being said I do already have a couple of bottles that are on here, and to start off we enjoyed some Buffalo trace. Now who has a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 20yr that want to share ? 😎
This one?

Attachments

• 20230805_123238.jpg
    20230805_123238.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 23

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I can cross 7 off open right now. Plus a couple open for discussion. Another 4 or 5 are pretty easy to get

Die Blaue Ziege

My list of east to get here in Logan:
Angles envy
Old Forester
Basil Hayden
Evan William Black
Jim beam black
Woodford reserve

The last three are pretty common in my mind, not really best or top shelf.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
If you watch the dabc app Logan gets allocated stuff and it sticks around for a couple hours usually. Most times slc is like 20 minutes