Whiskey

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Basil Hayden is kind of like Eagle Rare and Blantons. A good mid-lower shelf bottle that's nice enough to drink neat, but not so nice that you feel bad making a cocktail with it. I'm sure some influencer will write an article about it eventually and all the whiskey dorks will add it to their list of whiskeys to pointlessly chase around ha ha.

shortstraw8

Basil Hayden is kind of like Eagle Rare and Blantons. A good mid-lower shelf bottle that's nice enough to drink neat, but not so nice that you feel bad making a cocktail with it. I'm sure some influencer will write an article about it eventually and all the whiskey dorks will add it to their list of whiskeys to pointlessly chase around ha ha.
Never had the eagle rare but have had blantons. Spot on with the hayden, I like to mix with ginger ale/beer so it is perfect for that like some high wests and pendeltons which are my go to to for that reason.
Almost picked up a MaCallens 12yr double oak, but when I went back it was gone, tried to get the guy in line to let me have it but he said no, clerk assured me they get it in frequently.
Won't pretend to be the Ron Swanson of whiskey but I love it straight or mixed. Any influencer that drives up the price of haydens should be taught a lesson. My influencer/hero for whiskey is @DAA as wilderness whiskey and steak are the best way to unwind + beer.... wilderness and beer are pretty effing great together.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Never had the eagle rare but have had blantons. Spot on with the hayden, I like to mix with ginger ale/beer so it is perfect for that like some high wests and pendeltons which are my go to to for that reason.
Almost picked up a MaCallens 12yr double oak, but when I went back it was gone, tried to get the guy in line to let me have it but he said no, clerk assured me they get it in frequently.
Won't pretend to be the Ron Swanson of whiskey but I love it straight or mixed. Any influencer that drives up the price of haydens should be taught a lesson. My influencer/hero for whiskey is @DAA as wilderness whiskey and steak are the best way to unwind + beer.... wilderness and beer are pretty effing great together.
Eagle rare had been my "well" whiskey for probably 15 years since it was easy to come by and relatively inexpensive. It's so strange it's become so prized. It happened to lots of them too... McKenna, the wellers (some of those are very nice though), michters etc. Maccallen 12 double cask is a go to for me too. Honestly, turkey 101 is solid too.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Self-proclaimed "world's best" I presume?
No, it actually legitimately took first place... Somehow.

I haven't tried it yet. I honestly haven't been drinking much. Kind of got a lot going on and it's just easier that way ;) maybe I'll try a couple fingers tonight as a reward for fixing the stupid 3d printers for half the day.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Also tried this. Totally the best cheap bourbon I have bought in a long time. And I don't buy cheap bourbon. A cube made it bearable. Now onto tater gifts and mixer status