Whiskey

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I honestly don't drink much. Some of those bottles are several years old. But I'm that asshole that wants something more the harder it is to come by....and we live in a state where you can buy a $3000 bottle for $229, so you might as well take advantage.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I honestly don't drink much. Some of those bottles are several years old. But I'm that asshole that wants something more the harder it is to come by....and we live in a state where you can buy a $3000 bottle for $229, so you might as well take advantage.
One of the “benefits” of the DABC.

DAA

I used to hit the Yama half regular. It's weird. Like, too exact. Too, too, I don't know, never could put my finger on anything even the least bit wrong with it. But over all I finally decided it was maybe just too much of an exact replica of a good scotch, without the interesting parts of an imperfect but real scotch.

- DAA

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Whiskey's really the only liquor I drink....except for the occasional Rum in a mojito. I'm very partial to Canadian whiskies and love a good Crown however their price tag is too steep. I found an OK alternative with Canadian club. A lot cheaper but still has a decent flavor similar to Crown. Since I mix my drink with Coke Zero 99% of the time I can't it see the sense in getting a fancy whiskey.
Costco in Vegas has a great price on Crown Royal. I usually see the half gallon bottles for around $35. Speaking of Costco, their house branded liquors are all pretty good. I have drank their Canadian and tequila and always pick up their irish cream for my coffee.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Whiskey's really the only liquor I drink....except for the occasional Rum in a mojito. I'm very partial to Canadian whiskies and love a good Crown however their price tag is too steep. I found an OK alternative with Canadian club. A lot cheaper but still has a decent flavor similar to Crown. Since I mix my drink with Coke Zero 99% of the time I can't it see the sense in getting a fancy whiskey.

If you like crown and want something more budget friendly check out Pendleton's, another Canadian blended

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I used to hit the Yama half regular. It's weird. Like, too exact. Too, too, I don't know, never could put my finger on anything even the least bit wrong with it. But over all I finally decided it was maybe just too much of an exact replica of a good scotch, without the interesting parts of an imperfect but real scotch.

- DAA
Part of what makes Japanese whiskey fascinating is that when they decided to start making it, that's exactly what they did. They carbon copied the Scottish process. Even brought over master distillers to teach them.

haulinshine

Blanton's is worth a mention here, and if you want a cheaper version get some buffalo trace. High west has some pretty decent offerings and I personally like Bourye when I can get it. Larceny is always a good choice, Clyde Mayes is also a good option. then you have things like E.H. Taylor, if you don't mind spending the $150 a bottle their rye is probably one the best I've ever had, Old forester is a fine whiskey 1920 and 1910 are both worth picking up any time you see them. I could ramble on but this is all making me want a drink......

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Blanton's is worth a mention here, and if you want a cheaper version get some buffalo trace. High west has some pretty decent offerings and I personally like Bourye when I can get it. Larceny is always a good choice, Clyde Mayes is also a good option. then you have things like E.H. Taylor, if you don't mind spending the $150 a bottle their rye is probably one the best I've ever had, Old forester is a fine whiskey 1920 and 1910 are both worth picking up any time you see them. I could ramble on but this is all making me want a drink......
Blantons is good, but another one that I personally think is undeserving of the amount of reverence it gets in the market. The eh Taylor stuff is pretty good usually. Some of the Elijah Craig single barrels are really good... Some or blah. When I they're good, man they're great.

Pike2350

I was lucky enough to pick a "special" bottle of Walker 10(12?) a year ago before the DABC started the lottery. I was the last one in line for the 10 bottles the store was allotted.

I haven't cracked it yet...and felt kind like an asshole. All these guys came in after me and the clerk had to tell them they were spoken for....I didn't care really but since I worked a block away and heard about it I thought I'd snag one....I didnt realize the demand was what it was.

I consider it my "trophy" whiskey 😄

Edit- it was Weller 12 I have as a trophy whiskey

Last edited:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I’ve had a couple bottles of Jameson Black Barrel to sip the last month or so... good stuff. I want to make a list of all the notes whiskeys in this thread and try them now 😀
Honestly, it's worth the couple bucks more than og Jameson. The ipa cask mates has a nice soft fruitiness that I think is cool too.

We should do a whiskey overnighter where everyone brings a cool bottle... And some advil

DAA

Couple whiskey overnighter shots.

20140317_The%20Maze_Camping-82W.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

20140605_Deep%20Creeks_Camping-196W.jpg

20150514_The%20Maze_Camping-262W.jpg

And for washing down the Advill.

20140605_Deep%20Creeks_Camping-1260W.jpg

- DAA

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Michter's whiskies are all really nice, especially considering the price point, but again I think the gig is up on them as they are now really hard to track down.

The Henry McKenna bourbon is really nice too, and I swear it used to be only $20 bucks per bottle. It shows $35 now, and people are starting to figure out that it's solid. I think it's the same grain bill as Elijah Craig, just younger. Kind of like how the Elmer T Lee is just younger Blantons.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I too have found that my palette prefers Ryes, so my go-to’s are typically Bulleit Rye and High West Double Rye. I need to try Pendleton’s though.

with regards to Canadian whisky, I had a Wayne Gretzky No.99 when I spent some time in Canada and it was superb. Can’t find it local though.

Die Blaue Ziege

Working on a Ford somewhere
If I'm being honest this is my current go to. Revel Stoke Root beer. Great on ice. But if I'm feeling for a more serious whiskey... Missouri ridge distillery american single malt whiskey or a more local flair outlaw distillery make some mighty fine poision. The big bottle of Evan is because that was the first bourbon I ever had and so I still buy it for mixed drinks aka Evan and pepsi

Attachments

• 16045804074572297975942166583308.jpg
    16045804074572297975942166583308.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 16045806702753616390952102401231.jpg
    16045806702753616390952102401231.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited: