WJ or ZJ - Which would you build?

snowboard3r411

Just because yours hasn't doesn't mean others haven't. The 5.9 is notorious for running hot. It's not a slam on the motor, just an issue that has to be considered when building a rig. Add a big bumper, winch, and lights and you get restricted air flow. add big tires, heavy armor, 1000 lbs of payload, 100* temps and slow speeds and you have a recipe for an overheating rig. It's not a knock on the motor, I think it's a great motor, but at a certain level of build cooling will have to be addressed more likely than not.
and this is different for any other rig??? think is applys to all trucks and everyone i know with a 5.9 has never said anything about over heating

1995zj

I'm addicted
and this is different for any other rig??? think is applys to all trucks and everyone i know with a 5.9 has never said anything about over heating

Why are you getting offended? He didn't say "snowboard3r411 has a 5.9 and his engine overheats all the time, he has a lot of issues with that engine." ;)

5.9's do usually run hotter though in most cases, I'm sure even the engineers at Jeep that designed it would agree.

Cascadia

Undecided
I've got a question about the rear wishbone suspension on the wj. Can you get rid of that whole setup and do a truss on the rear axle with some triangulated uppers up to the "frame"? The frame would obviously have to be braced first but is it a possibility? Why not? Would it cause other problems?

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member