Your Pic of The Day

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Loaned out my trailer today....

This was dragged out of a local field to my neighbors place, until it can be moved to its new home where it'll get a full frame off restoration. Its been sitting hidden in the trees on a large property.

'57 Chevy BelAir with a 350(?) with Camelback heads, old school Wieand intake, 4 speed on the floor, 12 Bolt axle, slotted mags, wide rear tires and a HOME BUILT coil conversion with ladder bars and a Watts link!!! 😳😳😳😍

View attachment 160915
View attachment 160916
View attachment 160917
View attachment 160918
View attachment 160919
1000001208-jpg.160918

The fab on this is VERY interesting. Double nuts, everything based on 4 diff cover welds, etc...

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
That was my first thought too.
You're a man of taste and refinement, unlike these other Neanderthals', so that doesn't surprise me. :D

I had an '83 GTI for a few years that was a blast, and Scirocco's had the same underpinnings but with a cooler body. Not that I have the space or the time, but I've always thought it'd be fun to find a Mk.1 Scirocco and fix it up.

Volkswagen~Scirocco~Storm~(1).jpg

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
You're a man of taste and refinement, unlike these other Neanderthals', so that doesn't surprise me. :D

I had an '83 GTI for a few years that was a blast, and Scirocco's had the same underpinnings but with a cooler body. Not that I have the space or the time, but I've always thought it'd be fun to find a Mk.1 Scirocco and fix it up.

Do those come with these standard?

grease-rydell-high-cheerleader-pompoms.jpg

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.

Ian and I saw a Corrado in the pick and pull the other day and now he wants one.

Coco

On todays episode of Dumb - This customer wanted me to replace his shredded tire (makes sense) for his spare. Ok, no biggie.

I get looking at his other tire, and it has cords showing, and is definitely starting to separate. Dude just wants his spare put on, and off he goes. This is the type of stuff that just makes me feel uneasy. These things aren't good when they blow, and I just hope when it did no one else was around.

IMG-0804.jpg

With a brand name like 'Triangle' its gotta be quality. I cant remember what the DOT was, but it wasn't old enough to not install.

IMG-0805.jpgIMG-0803.jpg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
On todays episode of Dumb - This customer wanted me to replace his shredded tire (makes sense) for his spare. Ok, no biggie.

I get looking at his other tire, and it has cords showing, and is definitely starting to separate. Dude just wants his spare put on, and off he goes. This is the type of stuff that just makes me feel uneasy. These things aren't good when they blow, and I just hope when it did no one else was around.

View attachment 160935

With a brand name like 'Triangle' its gotta be quality. I cant remember what the DOT was, but it wasn't old enough to not install.

View attachment 160934View attachment 160936
Meh, it’s fine! 😬

The_Lobbster

View attachment 160935

View attachment 160934View attachment 160936
a tag axle tire blew on a dump truck right next to me on I15 Tuesday. Made me jump, because it was literally explosive. Shot tire shards everywhere,

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
My biggest fear on my toter is a steer tire blow out. I just drove it to Kansas to drop it off for some interior remodelling. The roads between Glenwood and Denver are horrible. The roads from Denver to the border are not much better. When I fueled in Denver I noticed some odd wear on my drivers steer. By the time I got to Auburn, KS, it was very visible. It looks like the Colorado roads have done me in for a king pin repair. The tire is not by any means trashed, but I am not going to screw with it and it will get replaced. Since I am replacing it, I am going to jump up to a 305 and replace both steers.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
My biggest fear on my toter is a steer tire blow out. I just drove it to Kansas to drop it off for some interior remodelling. The roads between Glenwood and Denver are horrible. The roads from Denver to the border are not much better. When I fueled in Denver I noticed some odd wear on my drivers steer. By the time I got to Auburn, KS, it was very visible. It looks like the Colorado roads have done me in for a king pin repair. The tire is not by any means trashed, but I am not going to screw with it and it will get replaced. Since I am replacing it, I am going to jump up to a 305 and replace both steers.

I70 thru CO is a massive joke, HUGE potholes, ruts, etc. I run between GJ and Dotsero and it's bad enough that I'm having back issues... and my work truck needs front end work too.