Your Pic of The Day

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
On todays episode of Dumb - This customer wanted me to replace his shredded tire (makes sense) for his spare. Ok, no biggie.

I get looking at his other tire, and it has cords showing, and is definitely starting to separate. Dude just wants his spare put on, and off he goes. This is the type of stuff that just makes me feel uneasy. These things aren't good when they blow, and I just hope when it did no one else was around.

View attachment 160935

With a brand name like 'Triangle' its gotta be quality. I cant remember what the DOT was, but it wasn't old enough to not install.

View attachment 160934View attachment 160936
Almost makes me wish there was a way that you as a tire guy, or others in the automotive field could somehow tag the vehicle or it's registration to say that the owner has been notified/warned of the issue - so that when they cause an accident, they are held more responsible since they knowingly neglected the vehicle...

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Almost makes me wish there was a way that you as a tire guy, or others in the automotive field could somehow tag the vehicle or it's registration to say that the owner has been notified/warned of the issue - so that when they cause an accident, they are held more responsible since they knowingly neglected the vehicle...
I’m generally not a fan of reporting stuff to the dotgov but I think that would be totally fair as long as clear documentation was provided. I don’t want it to be like when a 16 y/o at Discount Tire tells me I need new tires and they have at least 2 years left on them.

If cords are showing, it should be reported.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
How many expo points do I get for this?

In preparation for adding a RTT for my wife for some upcoming trips with friends I needed to get a rack. I wanted something more low profile but everything that fit that parameter and were sturdy enough for the RTT were $$$$$. I picked this Rough Country one since it will be pretty easy to remove.

IMG_8573.jpeg

Coco

Did a new tire on this really nice Massey, but first had to pump out ~40 gallons of Calcium. After I got the tire off, the wheel being exposed to calcium for so long required lots of wire wheeling to clean it up. Then installed the new tire, tube, and pumped the calcium back in.

IMG-0948.jpg

Coco

Do you guys use beet juice now? That’s supposed to be the what the cool farmers run these days. Supposedly has a higher weight by volume and isn’t corrosive to metal.
We don't do a ton of calcium anymore. I haven't sold calcium in years, I just have to pump out/re-use what is in there. There is no real good way to dispose of it, so we just keep running it.

I have had to look into some options for some customers, and beet juice was one I noticed as well. There is also a new ballast that is eco friendly (https://envirotechservices.com/bio-ballast/), but I haven't come across that stuff yet either.