'09 Rubicon

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I know I ask this every 5 minutes, but when do you get back? We've gotta head out to little moab so I can practice spotting you.

We still aren't sure yet but I'm still very hopeful that I will have a month before OSRC. Little Moab will be the perfect place to get some practice in with our communication and for both of us to learn how the Jeep handles with the new suspension.

Once I get home I'll be taking three weeks off of work so I should be able to squeeze in a few trips before the end of May.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
We still aren't sure yet but I'm still very hopeful that I will have a month before OSRC. Little Moab will be the perfect place to get some practice in with our communication and for both of us to learn how the Jeep handles with the new suspension.

Once I get home I'll be taking three weeks off of work so I should be able to squeeze in a few trips before the end of May.

I was a little skeptical when you chose to so do the 3" long arm instead of the 4" but it couldnt have turned out better. Makes me wanna lower my JK and buy some new fenders. Just wait until you drive it it rides so much better than it used to I wouldnt trade my Teraflex longarm kit for anything.

Cant wait until you get home.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I was a little skeptical when you chose to so do the 3" long arm instead of the 4" but it couldnt have turned out better. Makes me wanna lower my JK and buy some new fenders. Just wait until you drive it it rides so much better than it used to I wouldnt trade my Teraflex longarm kit for anything.

Cant wait until you get home.

That's good to hear on the ride quality. It sucks that it's been almost 7 months since I've driven it so a comparison will be harder for me to feel, although I still remember well the slight handling quirks of the stock suspension as well as the feeling that I never fully got rid of the DW. I knew that replacing all the suspension would probably take care of all that.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
After seeing this in person now I am fully convinced I will never need to go more than 3 inches, thing looks awesome. Big but still a relatively low center of gravity. I can't believe how beefy those control arms are, looks like its going to be a killer setup

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
After seeing this in person now I am fully convinced I will never need to go more than 3 inches, thing looks awesome. Big but still a relatively low center of gravity. I can't believe how beefy those control arms are, looks like its going to be a killer setup

And you can always cut your stock flares to make flatties out of them.

I'm glad you were able to swing by and check it out.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Well I went out with Josh(JKU270) and ran Rattlesnake today. First impressions are that I'm seriously impressed with the handling of this new suspension.

On the highway it handles perfectly up to the 80MPH I took it to. On the rocks on Rattlesnake I couldn't manage to get to my bumpstops front and rear at the same time.

I decided to see how she would do on Waynes World and even with how dug out it has gotten at the bottom I crawled right up the first climb in first gear on my first attempt. I've never made it up on my first attempt and I've also never made it up the first ledge without at least some throttle and a little bump. Of course I wasn't able to climb the second part mostly because I didn't want to hammer the throttle and beat it up today so I decided to take it easy.

After Waynes World I decided to Baja it out on the dirt roads and I can honestly say I've never been so comfortable driving so fast in a solid axle rig on such rough roads. The long arm kit just soaks up the bumps and the steering is very precise. My five year old loved it too, she kept telling me to drive faster. I guess I've got a speed demon for a child.

After just a little trip today I am absolutely in love with this Jeep even more than I ever was.

blznnp

sounds like the suspension choice was a very good one. I bet its a nice "present" or welcome home gift to yourself to take the rig out with the new parts.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
IMG_0725.JPG

Wasn't able to snap to many pictures, since Brian was rolling over stuff faster than I could get out to take pictures

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Looks great, Brians Jeep is the first one I have actually signed and I think i will start doing it on all of them lol

I am glad we could help you out Brian I am even happier that you love your suspension so much, After having a teraflex long arm you will never be able to go back to a short arm kit again.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Looks great, Brians Jeep is the first one I have actually signed and I think i will start doing it on all of them lol

I am glad we could help you out Brian I am even happier that you love your suspension so much, After having a teraflex long arm you will never be able to go back to a short arm kit again.

You aren't kidding. Between the highway ride, the way the suspension just works effortlessly through the rocks and the way it handles the high speed dirt there really is no going back.