'09 Rubicon

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Well tomorrow I get to adjust my pinion angle. This sucks because I love my caster settings as they are right now. With the Jeep on the rack she ran 6.3 and 6.4 degrees of caster. For handling this is fantasist but I've got some driveline vibs at 65 MPH in fifth gear, I can't feel or hear it at any other speed or gear but it's there, even my kid in the back seat asked me what that noise was.

The only other problem I'm having is too much backspacing to run the manual disconnects. Right now as my jeep sits my tire would rub if I used the brackets to hold the swaybar links out of the way from Teraflex. Having a welder this isn't really a problem but until I fix it I'll continue to use the electo disco crap.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Went up to the B at Bountiful today to check clearences. My brackets for my discos work great.

A couple of bad things. My rear lower control arms contact the frame before I get any compression on my bumpstops. Luckily I have an extra couple inches of shock travel so I will add some bumpstop and move my lower shock mounts up and gain some down travel out of it.

Coming back down from the B my clockspring went out. I've been waiting for this for a while. Luckily I still have a warranty so I'm at the dealership right now getting it fixed.

I have some poser shots all flexed out I will post up later.

Here is the control arm hitting the frame.

Last edited:

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Here are a couple poser shots, it's pretty easy to get completely flexed out at the B so it's great for testing clearances. Other than the control arm hitting and my front tires rubbing my brake lines a little at full lock there aren't any serious issues at this point. I think an hour or two in the garage will have my bumpstops extended in the rear and my shocks relocated to take advantage of all my travel.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Thanks for the invite dude, I live just a couple miles down the road! Definitely hitting the B tonight after work. Great shots!

It was kinda on a whim this morning. I dropped the kid off at school and thought "Hey I need to get this thing flexed out to see how it's working" Had I known I was heading up there ahead of time I would have thrown up a post.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Extended my rear bumpstops today. Hopefully it's enough, I don't have the right equipment to get my axle to flex enough to get the control arm to hit the frame before the bumpstops so I'll have to test it out tomorrow hopefully then I can relocate my shocks.

My extension is just a piece of tube welded to a flat plate to extend the teraflex bumpstops.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Gave teraflex a call today because even after extending my bumps I was still contacting the arms. They really weren't sure what was causing the problem but gave me a pair of their straight arms to fix the issue. I should have plenty of clearance now.

Before

After

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
The bent arms are for the 3" and up lift then they have the straight arms for the 2.5" lift. Still not sure what was going on but no matter what lift height I would be running I would hit the CA before I got to the bumpstops.