'09 Rubicon

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Drove up to the B on my way to Teraflex this morning with some good results

Full bump with 1/2" of clearance between the frame and CA

Another 1.5" of room left in the fender with some extra travel remaining in the shock so I'll shorten my bumpstops a little to take advantage of that.

And another couple poser shots just because
IMAG0236_zps2e467d23.jpg
[/URL

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Two IPA's and 30 minutes later

People make these out to be such a pain but they really aren't that bad.

Thanks Davy for hooking me up.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Got the passenger side swapped out and the handling difference is amazing. The steering is so much tighter then it has been in a long time.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
The new additions from today.

The required numbers for OSRC.

And the sticker shop was doing buy two get one free and this is now one of my favorite mods I've done to the Jeep.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Took my bumper off today so I can cut my frame horns tomorrow. Now that I don't have the electro sway bar garbage in there I have a bunch of room ro move my bumper. Thinking about 3.5" back which will pull the back of my bumper all the way to the grill.

I've been having some issues with my bumper sticking out too far and killing my approach angle. This shouldn't be a difficult to do since I have so much scrap steel laying around.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
If I can get my approach angle fixed, hydro assist on and my CRD60 front axle in I will be a happy camper. Thats not counting the whole list of crap on the YJ I need to get done

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
All welded up and ready to clean up paint and finalize.

Here's how the bumper will sit.

And the best pic I have for a comparison

And this one shows a little how much all that junk hung out there.

I'm going to have to move my winch control box(finally) as well as come up with a new place for my Hi-lift.

I think a Hawse fairlead will help a bunch as well so that's in the plans.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
That looks awesome. Moving my bumper back was one of my favorite mods. While I didn't think you were hanging-up on your bumper too much in StG I saw you hit it a few times at least.

I was also going to suggest a hawse fair lead but I see you're already counting on that.