2016 Rhino Rally

rholbrook

Just ordered some Bridgestone X30s and a FMF silencer/spark arrestor for Harrison's KTM200

decided to try the Bridgestones this time. I run the Mountain Moto Hybrid in the rear with a trials in the front on my 300. That combo rocks everywhere but the bottomless sand. Trying to decide if I will change out the front or not. If there is a lot of sand I may but if not, the trials really hooks up in the corners everywhere else

djgardner

Just ordered some Bridgestone X30s and a FMF silencer/spark arrestor for Harrison's KTM200

decided to try the Bridgestones this time. I run the Mountain Moto Hybrid in the rear with a trials in the front on my 300. That combo rocks everywhere but the bottomless sand. Trying to decide if I will change out the front or not. If there is a lot of sand I may but if not, the trials really hooks up in the corners everywhere else

Paul probably has more experience than me, but I've done three rhino rally's from this start location...and all three of them had plenty of sand. (there is less sand on the courses they do along the powerline start).

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt we'll be so lucky, last year was amazing, rain for days before cool weather the day of. It was hero dirt.

Yeah, last year was one of those "once a decade" race days with perfect temps and perfect dirt...and I DNF'd about 15 minutes into the race. BOOOO!!!!!!

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I have been told they are going to follow the single track along the base of the cliffs. If they are using the trail I think they are, the further west you go, the sandier it gets. I believe they also told me they were going to go up onto the upper bench in Sand Hollow and that will be a mix of sand and rocks.

djgardner

I have been told they are going to follow the single track along the base of the cliffs. If they are using the trail I think they are, the further west you go, the sandier it gets. I believe they also told me they were going to go up onto the upper bench in Sand Hollow and that will be a mix of sand and rocks.

That sounds like what they did two years ago. I wonder if they will do it in the opposite direction?

Cascadia

Undecided
I just watched some of that on Facebook. I remember seeing it 2 years ago and thinking man that guy is awesome and in his prime. Now you're old and retired. :D But you can still whoop me any day.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I'm getting super excited... and super scared...

Will anyone be camping at the race? I think I am coming by myself, so I am just going to sleep in the back of my truck.

I plan to sign up Friday night at the hotel. Will they have pie plates there I can pick up, or do I need to get those Saturday?

No gas mats or extinguishers REQUIRED, right?

Any special things I need to bring or know?..

rholbrook

I'm already down here for the weekend. Getting acclimated to the weather. ;)

With last weekends post and this post right here...I think the only thing your doing is brushing up on your "BEING A DICK" skills. Some of us work for a living, actually, some of us have a kid in school that can't leave until after his wrestling match later this afternoon.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
With last weekends post and this post right here...I think the only thing your doing is brushing up on your "BEING A DICK" skills. Some of us work for a living, actually, some of us have a kid in school that can't leave until after his wrestling match later this afternoon.
Russ, we are staying at the Clarion Suites that is close to the Abbey Inn where check in is. I won't be leaving Price until around 3pm on Friday, so get a hold of me so I can get you the helmet. Make sure you throw it in the dirt before the race on Saturday.