85 4runner build

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
well I am starting a new build its a 85 4runner bought with a rebuilt motor 22re and super clean interior
This is the day of pick up;
SSPX0179.jpg

SSPX0188.jpg

SSPX0186.jpg

PO started to build it: had waggy springs, ARB in rear, fenders cut out :-\, But I bought it in pieces just enough to put on a trailer, came with a 4runner full of parts :D

Marsh99

Plans for the build are mild wheeler, camper. Arb rear, Detroit front, 4.7 single case, waggy springs, hysteer steer, chromo shaft front, trussed and gusseted front axle, Slider , rear tire swing out,sitting on 35's

Last edited:

Marsh99

Story with this build is my dad bought this to make it a DD and then he lost interest and wanted a motorcycle. So I decided to sell my truck and build this. I had already robbed most the parts off, and my dad put some no name springs, bush whacker fender flares. Now I have to redo it again but that's the fun part. What made me want this is when I put my 35's on it started to call my name
IMAG0387.jpg

Marsh99

started on the rear axle a 86 ifs
IMAG0314.jpg

axle all shiny with new spring perches for better angle
IMAG0391.jpg

diff armor
IMAG0393.jpg

ARB 3rd
IMAG0390.jpg

still have to get it all put together

Marsh99

Hybrid racing hooked me up today!!!
He had some 4.7 in stock and was willing to go to his shop and saturday and sell me some parts. Thanks a lot steve. I think i will be doing more business with you.
IMAG0395.jpg

nrspence

Plans for the build are mild wheeler, camper. Arb rear, Detroit front, 4.7 single case, waggy springs, hysteer steer, chromo shaft front, trussed and gusseted front axle, sitting on 35's

Sounds like it will be a pretty darn capable rig! I hope you have it done by the may trip.
Nate

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
I dont know brandon the description you gave sounds more like a hard core rock crawler hahaha i think sliders and a exo cage should go on too

Marsh99

I dont know brandon the description you gave sounds more like a hard core rock crawler hahaha i think sliders and a exo cage should go on too

There is going to be sliders, but I guess we share different opinion of what a hardcore crawler is... It will be capable but I am not going to cut the body up or do a exocage. This is to help my wife to see the reason I am selling my perfectly good truck and building another. :greg: Also this truck is super clean and I want to keep that way if I can, and my wife is sold on doing weekend trips going camping and me setting up a sleeping area in the back.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
I think of a hard core crawler as a rig that can crawl really good and if your wife wants to drive thats even better first trail my wife drove was snakes and she did all the hard lines and didnt hav a problem, it was her very first trail

Hybrid Racing

Can't Wait to see it when its done! Look forward to getting more stuff for you. Thanks again Hybrid Racing

Last edited:

Marsh99

Dropped in the arb 3rd and tested it for leaks, no leaks so I sealed it up. Painted axle and rear waggy springs with new bushings, also new 6in shackles with new hangers
IMAG0392.jpg

IMAG0394.jpg

Marsh99

Yeah I read up on them they will give 3.5 in of lift which is what I am looking for and when I do my new front hanger it will move my axle forward about 1 in they are in good shape with brand new bushings. I did take off the double shackles in the rear and the front I will move the axle rather then run the sky boomarang shackles the were on it.

Last edited: