'96 Runner Build

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
Got the transfer case fixed this past weekend. Now I just need to address the root of the problem. My tires are at a Andrews @[h=1]clfrnacwby[/h] house so I needed a set to get it out of the shop so I threw my 39s on just for the hell of it!!

I think it looks pretty sweet/redneck!! *Back to my roots. *:twisted:*Too bad they have to come off. *

My brother picked up my new wheels from AJ Saturday. Now I just the need to start saving for tires! *My plan is to put on 35/12.5r15s in either the Wrangler MT/R Kevlar or the General Grabber.

Any ways here are the pics on 39s for your enjoyment!!

20140628_182949_zpsm9kk7mis.jpg

20140628_182923_zps77px0em2.jpg

20140628_182903_zpsqzw6xvbl.jpg

20140628_180639_zps4ieqh1an.jpg

Oh and this is what we do for fun around the Hardy farm!

20140628_172534_zpsrjag3pqk.jpg

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
I'm planning on heading to Brigham on Saturday. My dad will be out of commission so I will be working solo. Dad has mold growing in his lungs from all the hay/grain dust he has inhaled over the years. Similar to "Black Lung" that miners get but they call it "Farmers Lung". He is going in tomorrow for a biopsy to make sure there is nothing else going on in there.

My main goal will be to get Kevin's axle out so that he can have it. After that I need to mount the perches on my 44 so I can start trussing it. There is a lot of work to be done still hopefully I can get something accomplished.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Good to see some progress. I'd come help but I'll be in Moab. I'll be sure to think about you a lot while I wheel and you slave away on my axle :).

Sorry to hear about your dad though, that sucks.

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
Forgot to update this last weekend. I had a chance to get a little done, not much but a little.

Once we got done with football for the day I went to work.

20140913_103947_zpsfm3bwihj.jpg

I got the axle pulled and the old leaf springs dropped. Now I need to meet up with Andrew and pick his springs ups and figure out how to mount them under it. They are 10" longer than the ones I just pulled out.

20140913_195524_zps3cxyzpjo.jpg

20140913_192920_zpshl9oorkc.jpg

I have also got the Dana 44 pulled apart ready to truss and set up the new gears. Hopefully next time I'm up there I can get that done.

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
This is where the trouble began :evil: :evil: :evil:

DSC_8289_zpsf7b3021f.jpg

This was taken the exact moment when the output shaft snapped. You can see the smoke from the t-case.

DSC_8295_zpsdf135fa3.jpg

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
Talked to my dad yesterday about what we are going to do to get my runner done and out of his shop. He told me that my uncle is currently building a truss for the rear axle so that we can roll it under. The one concern we had was that the Locker we were going to use came out of my dads jeep that had a bent housing. the carrier was broke but the locker looked to be in decent condition. The problem it how to test it before going to the work of putting it in just to find out it doesn't work. The conclusion that we came to most of you won't agree with, but we feel that where it is not a DD it will work great. I think we are going to weld the spiders, and lock it solid. The only driving it does is to the trail and I feel more than comfortable with that.

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
Well it's been a while since if posted an actual progress update. It's not much but here it is.

We got the new spring packs built and mounted. Major changes were military wrap on both ends, heavier secondary springs from Andrews Tundra, and a couple other anti-wrap additions.

20141220_215322_zpspsmelqgo.jpg

20141220_215221_zpswo4lwt4x.jpg

Also got the Dana 44 trussed. I wasn't confident enough in my own welding skills to not warp the axle, and with my dad "taking it easy" I took the axle and the home made truss to a pro and had it welded right.

20141220_150517_zpsewyv5buo.jpg

20141220_150456_zpsdmywg0qp.jpg

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
looks like there's a very good chance that this thing will be done by mid January. If my dad can find a carrier, he will get the gears set up and spiders welded. Then we can roll it under spot the perches then weld them, paint, bolt it under, then we will have to figure out the ebrake conversion. Hopefully it will be ready to roll on the 17th.

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
SO CLOSE YET SO FAR AWAY!!!! 2 hours away to be exact. Got a lot accomplished this weekend. Gears installed with lock-right, axle rolled under and mounted, axle painted a pretty red color (just kiddin its black), started modding an adapter for my ebrake. All that is left is finish the e-brake mod, put the tires back on, figure out where I'm loosing my brake pressure at, load it on the trailer and haul it home. I think my dad is goint to try to finish the e-brake today and take it to the tire shop to power bleed the brakes. Then He may bring it to me on Wednesday!!!!!

Too bad I will be in Richfield Saturday or I would say let do some wheeling.

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
Damn brakes are pissing me off. New master, new booster, bypassed and eliminated ABS system, took to a garage, power bled, another new master, another power bleed, still soft pedal.

On a good note, my dad is bringing it home today!!!!!

Another bad note over the last 8 months my third garage (4runners home) has cluttered up.