'96 Runner Build

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I like the swing out, how much effort do you need to put to flip it up over? Since tires can be rather heavy

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
Kevin and I made it out to Rattlesnake yesterday. I forgot how much of a workout it is. My body decided that if I was going to screw with it it is going to screw with me!! Didn't really get any action shot just some posers. We needed some more people with cameras to capture some footage!

I totally kicked that rock that got my doors ass this time!!!!

Then I bout fell in this big ass hole!! It doesn't look so big until you look inside.

Kevin liked this shot because he thought his little truck looked as tall as mine!!

We really had a great time and the weather was freaking beautiful. The trail was even dry. Really the only thing that could have made the day better, besides a little sleep, was a few more rigs!!

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
Is amazing what a little clearance and the straight axle will do! To bad you couldn't make it. You better be planning on a couple camp trips with us.

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
So guess what guys!! For those of you who thought that my Runner was good to go, guess again!! She went back on jack stands last night :cry:

After Kevin and I went wheelin Friday we notice some oil on the inside of my passenger front tire. No big deal probably just an outer axle seal. Got home drove it around the back side of the hill to ditch a couple straw bails, on the way home I put it in 4 low and climbed the hill in my back yard. Now something is binding. :x

Got the front end on jack stands and everything seems to be turning fine. I'm going to put the rear end on stands tomorrow, to see if its in my t-case.

It only does it in 4 wheel drive with the hubs locked which makes me think its in the front end. I do get a little vibration when the hubs are un locked but I don't get the drag i get when they are locked.

I sure hope I get this figured out quick. once this baby come I'm not going to have much time to work on it.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Damn! Why are the two 4Runners on the front page both having problems? :D Hope you get it figured out so you can wheel it some more

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
It only does it in 4 wheel drive with the hubs locked which makes me think its in the front end. I do get a little vibration when the hubs are un locked but I don't get the drag i get when they are locked.

Any chance it's that crazy Auburn diff? What does it feel like when it binds, is it a hard stop or like driving into a rubber band? Does it do it in a straight line, or only when you turn?

This is your karma for deciding not to come to Moab in April, flaker.

ricsrx

I know that i warped my housing when i welded the armor to it, if my hubs are in and i am going over 30 on asphalt in 2wd, lots of vibration and drag, it is undrivable above that speed, i dont notice it much at all when i am in the dirt. maybe im not driving over 30 mph

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
Any chance it's that crazy Auburn diff? What does it feel like when it binds, is it a hard stop or like driving into a rubber band? Does it do it in a straight line, or only when you turn?

This is your karma for deciding not to come to Moab in April, flaker.

More like a rubber band.

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
Finally got my lazy butt out and got all 4 tire off the ground to troubleshoot this runner. 2 wheel drive everything's fine, 4 wheel drive hubs unlocked everything's fine, 4 high and low hubs locked I got a lot vibration and it would drag my RPMs down. After doing it a couple times it stopped doing it :x Why the hell does it have to be so difficult. Tomorrow I will drop it back to the ground and see if it does it again. Then I will pull the axles and open the front end up. I do still need to replace the passenger side axle seal. But I have to wait for my neighbor to finish some work he is doing for me so I can pull it back in the garage. HOA will have a shit fit if I start tearing it down in the drive. I HATE HOA!!!