'96 Runner Build

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
Went up to Brigham City on Saturday to shoot some Pheasants and while I was up there got a couple of pics of what my dad has done without me.

extended front driveline, Farm Style!!

b8ia.jpg

Transfer case mount/bash plate.

rqzt.jpg

9p9d.jpg

Rear driveline extended and connected!

l6b5.jpg

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
Ran into a road block today. We are down to the brakes and shocks then just little odds and ends but Appearantly they have discontinued the banjo bolts for my brakes.

Any idea if I can use differant Calipers on my axle? I posted a want add in the classifieds for some banjo bolts but I'm not very hopeful.

My axle is a Dana 44 or of an 86 Wagoneer.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
Ran into a road block today. We are down to the brakes and shocks then just little odds and ends but Appearantly they have discontinued the banjo bolts for my brakes.

Any idea if I can use differant Calipers on my axle? I posted a want add in the classifieds for some banjo bolts but I'm not very hopeful.

My axle is a Dana 44 or of an 86 Wagoneer.

A1 auto in Ogden on 17th has a ton of old waggys. You might have some luck to go snag some bolts.

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
Well drove it under its own power FINALLY!! I took a bit to get it to run after sitting a year but fresh fuel and a new filter did the trick!!

I think this was my dads favorite part of the weekend. He actually has his jeep and farm truck in his shop!!

0mpt.jpg

This was my favorite part of the weekend!!

y4k3.jpg

ctiv.jpg

jf5i.jpg

Finally got it home Sunday morning!! It looks SOOOO good sitting in my own garage!!

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
I got a chance to flex it some on a dirt pile on an empty lot next door. I know its not much but it was close!!

viaj.jpg

fdxx.jpg

wegj.jpg

0vjf.jpg

yjug.jpg

yxkr.jpg

9fxf.jpg

4t1c.jpg

kfp2.jpg

haff.jpg

Pretty much everything cleared nicely. I need to adjust my steering stops a little so my tire doesn't rub the steering box. As of now no fender trimming is needed!

Really all that's left is to finish the rear bumper, build a front bumper, wire the front locker, build a windshield washer reservoir, find some front shocks to get me by until Christmas bonus. I will need to get me some longer rear shocks but that can wait till Christmas as well!! Other than that just some cosmetic stuff and she is ready to go!!

sixstringsteve

congrats, that's a huge milestone.

I used a 1st gen 4runner washer bottle for mine, right in front of the airbox:

IMG_20130719_122659_116.jpg

IMG_20130719_122733_696.jpg

IMG_20130719_122630_353.jpg

Last edited:

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
So now that I know some of the fix its I need to do a little research!

Master Cylinder/ booster upgrade
Tires rubbing on leafs
Shocks

Gave it a good wash when we got home from Little Moab.

g7ko.jpg

dlez.jpg

Then started painting the bare steel and frame.

nbmy.jpg

0lou.jpg

7r2g.jpg

mojp.jpg

I didn't realize how glossy the paint was until my flash hit it. It doesn't look so shinny in the regular light!!

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
It's amazing how much more time to work on the runner I don't have now that it's at my house!! I finally got a chance to prime the rest of my frame. Not paint only prime. And I got the lights and grill put back on!!

cpfr.jpg

jij1.jpg

lo37.jpg

I got my shocks too!! Now I just need to trim the bushings so that they will fit.

vshd.jpg