'97 tacoma build: Abner

sixstringsteve

It's been the perfect rig. We're hoping for a family soon, and I don't want to stick an infant in the back in rear-ward facing seats where mom can't get to them. And I don't want to hack this rig up just to turn it into a 1st gen runner. I do feel that it's the perfect balance between DD, expo rig, and crawler. It's proven itself time and time again.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
It's been the perfect rig. We're hoping for a family soon, and I don't want to stick an infant in the back in rear-ward facing seats where mom can't get to them. And I don't want to hack this rig up just to turn it into a 1st gen runner. I do feel that it's the perfect balance between DD, expo rig, and crawler. It's proven itself time and time again.

You should buy my '86 body and do a body swap. Maybe stretch it a bit for suicide halfdoors to the rear seat?

Hell, if you did that I'd GIVE it to you, and help you with the swap too. :D

sixstringsteve

This idea is due to Andrew's 4runner on my past trip. I knocked off some trails off my bucket list with this rig, and I prefer the camping stuff. And I want a family soon, and this would have to go sooner or later.

sixstringsteve

whatever I get, it's going to be mild. OME lift, sliders, rear locker, and 33's. Each of my builds has been milder and milder lately. I don't need big tires to have fun anymore.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Its ok I blame Kurt's build for finally giving me that last nudge I needed on a 100. Which btw I'm all out of Cruiser Outfitter stickers... hint hint -_-

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Its ok I blame Kurt's build for finally giving me that last nudge I needed on a 100. Which btw I'm all out of Cruiser Outfitter stickers... hint hint -_-

Let's make it happen, I've got plenty. Glad to see that 100 went to a good home! :cool:

Steve, I may have a 4 door Taco up for sale soon :D

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I was wondering when you would sell this one, I thought the thread was overdue lol. But I do look forward to seeing what you build next.

sixstringsteve

the more I build, the more I realize I don't need a built rig. I'm thinking a 100 series, ome lift, some 33's, sliders, and a front bumper and I should be good. I'm moving more towards car camping than rock crawling, so no need for huge tires and lockers.

That being said, it's impossible to sell anything these days, so I expect it to be a while before I'm even at the point of considering another rig.

A 4 door taco has an extra 15" of wheelbase, big difference.

So identical wheelbase with 4 doors then? (rather than identical rig) Hence the 4runner. Does the enclosed back vs truck bed make a difference? What made you sell the 100 the first time? What about the extra 15" won't work for you if you are doing less rockcrawling and more camping?

Do you have any idea how much money you are saving me?