Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

sixstringsteve

I'll be riding from Lambert to the top of Jacob's ladder and back tonight. Anyone who wants to join is welcome. It'll have a good amount of climbing. It'll be pretty xc-heavy. I plan on leaving around 6pm or so, but I could move it an hour or two either way if others want to join.

Also, we had about 7 people at last tuesday's pump track night. We're having a blast. Lots of newer riders there. We'll be back agian tomorrow night.

sixstringsteve

Here's a little more of a teaser, for those who haven't been there before:

IMG_5413.jpg

Regardless of your age or ability, I guarantee you'll have fun.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I will be in Utah county this weekend. Seeing if anybody is going out. Trying to decide if I should try and fit the bike in the back of the van. Friday evening or Monday maybe Saturday afternoon/evening. Would love to shuttle AF or something. I am not the fastest climber but can do decent on downhill stuff. I believe last time a turtle passed me while I was climbing a hill. :oops:

sixstringsteve

Im down to shuttle AF friday night. Even with a shuttle, its got some tough climbs at elevation. How long have ypu neen riding for?

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I will be in Utah county this weekend. Seeing if anybody is going out. Trying to decide if I should try and fit the bike in the back of the van. Friday evening or Monday maybe Saturday afternoon/evening. Would love to shuttle AF or something. I am not the fastest climber but can do decent on downhill stuff. I believe last time a turtle passed me while I was climbing a hill. :oops:

Doing anything Sunday morning? We usually try and get a ride together up at Round Valley in PC.

kmboren

Im down to shuttle AF friday night. Even with a shuttle, its got some tough climbs at elevation. How long have ypu neen riding for?
I have been riding off and on since late 90s. More recently just the last couple years. I am 6'7 and 280 so gravity is great going down but has a lot of pull climbing. I know I am no where near your level Steve so if you don't want to ride I understand but am game if you are. I have ridden two trail in AF. One that went down to the cascade springs road and one that ended at the dam of tibble fork reservoir. This was probably 15 years ago. I ride my local trails like Wire Mesa, Guacamole, Little creek fine I am just not setting any land speed records. I just enjoy going out in nature and having fun and getting some exercise at the same time. Really wish I could go more often. I am sure the climbs at elevation will slow me more.

Doing anything Sunday morning? We usually try and get a ride together up at Round Valley in PC.
Sunday won't work but thanks for the offer.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

If AF canyon sounds fun to you, lets do it! I ride a lot, but Im not very fast, and im down for a chill ride. Even if we end up walking every climb, we will still have fun.

Lets shuttle from the summit to tibble. There are a few different ways to get down from there. Some with more climbing than others. Some smoother and flowier descents, and some steep and rocky ones. There are no bad trails up AF. The elevation kicks my butt though.

Thanks for the background info, that helps me get an idea of what to expect. What bike do you ride? It must be hard being 6'7" and finding something that fits you.

I still need to ride guacamole. I like wire mesa, little creek, and gooseberry a lot.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Ill be riding deer valley with my brother on Saturday. Ill be hanging with him all day, but if anyone else is wanting to ride there, we will be hitting the blue and black trails, along with the jump lines. (Tsunami and tidal wave)

kmboren

If AF canyon sounds fun to you, lets do it! I ride a lot, but Im not very fast, and im down for a chill ride. Even if we end up walking every climb, we will still have fun.

Lets shuttle from the summit to tibble. There are a few different ways to get down from there. Some with more climbing than others. Some smoother and flowier descents, and some steep and rocky ones. There are no bad trails up AF. The elevation kicks my butt though.

Thanks for the background info, that helps me get an idea of what to expect. What bike do you ride? It must be hard being 6'7" and finding something that fits you.

I still need to ride guacamole. I like wire mesa, little creek, and gooseberry a lot.
I can usually ride up hill I am just slow at it. I recently picked up a 2018 Rockymnt instinct c30. XL frame of course. It will be fun. Looking forward to it. Time I am game for when Steve is able. I should be up there around 4 or 5.

sixstringsteve

Crap, something came up for me Friday night (scout troop needs one more adult for a trip). I might be able to make it a saturday afternoon/evening trip after deer valley. Any interest in that?

rholbrook

This last weekend was the Scott Enduro Cup in Deer Valley. My son Harrison raced in the U18 class and took 5th. There were 4 stages Saturday and 3 Stages on Sunday. On stage 6 he went over the bars in a rocky section and not only banged himself up really good, he bent his rear brake rotor and a couple of spokes. He got back up and finished the stage and we took a crescent wrench and straightened his rotor up as best we could before state 7. He is upset about the crash because it cost him 2nd or 3rd but he knows that that is racing. He loves enduro racing, much more than cross country.
038E7D12-73D0-4525-99B2-24449285F960.png

Attachments

• 8EEFA5F4-FF2A-45E1-988B-07B28DAAB025.jpeg
    8EEFA5F4-FF2A-45E1-988B-07B28DAAB025.jpeg
    1,006.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

sixstringsteve

His podium shot made it onto pinkbike when they did an article on the race.

He is such a fun guy to ride with. He is already way faster than ill ever be. What a great kid.