Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Sweet, I didn't know you ride Brian.

I haven't for a long time, probably not seriously in about 13 or 14 years when I was in the boy scouts. I think my last serious ride was our 1 week 100 mile ride we did. Seemed like a lot then but just after the past two days doesn't really seem too bad looking back.

My wife and I bought bikes a couple years ago and just never really got into it because she is just clumsy and doesn't enjoy riding in the mountains. I've always wanted to get back into it but never had the motivation. With how much trouble I had on my last PT test and with how much I hate running that's plenty of motivation for me to get into shape to do something I know I enjoy.

OB1

Brian, I've done alittle mountain biking and tried road biking a couple years ago. Let me know if you want someone to ride with next time and I'll dust off the bike.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Brian, I've done alittle mountain biking and tried road biking a couple years ago. Let me know if you want someone to ride with next time and I'll dust off the bike.

Might have to hit you up on that. I know there are some good trails around Ogden I really want to hit up. I think the worst thing is my schedule, I can only ride in the mornings since I have to be at work at 3:00. I think one of these days I'm going to ride down to Farmington and take the Trax back, I think it's only about 20 miles.

Next I need to upgrade my sadle and probably go to some clip-less pedals. I might as well be comfortable and right now I'm still on the stock Specialized sadle.

sixstringsteve

who's in for a ride tomorrow night? I'm not getting any skinnier, it's time to start riding more regularly. I'm thinking Corner Canyon above the Draper temple. I've very slow uphill, but you gotta start somewhere.

jentzschman

I have not done mtn biking for YEARS, so I am pretty rusty.

I would love to come anyway to get my feet wet. You said tomorrow evening or in the day? Either way, I have the day off.

sixstringsteve

I'm out, it's way too smokey. Maybe Saturday night if it dies down.

It's time to do some upgrades on my hardtail. I'm thinking disc brakes, wheels, and new shifters/rear der.

193kyle

That works for me, we can throw a few bikes in the back of my truck so if anyone else wants to meet in Lehi I've got room for a couple more people.