Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

sixstringsteve

I'd like to ride the downhill trail in Draper tonight. Anyone want to join me? We need one more shuttle vehicle.

The trail is very technical, but slow. We won't be jumping any 20 foot gaps, but we will be riding some steep turns. There is no uphill on this trail, it is a 1-way shuttle.

Last edited:

193kyle

Thanks again Steve, I had a blast despite my crash:ugh:. I won't be able to make the downhill ride tonight, I forgot I am going camping with my brother and his wife. Next time though.

sixstringsteve

I've been riding corner canyon with 193kyle and his wife lately. It's been a lot of fun. I'm still way out of shape, but I've missed riding. Hopefully I can get my wife hooked on it again and we can get out more. Who would be in for a women's night where you bring your lady friends along?

Kyle and I plan on riding the Maple Hollow downhill trail next week if anyone wants in on our shuttle.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
what day are you planning on riding Steve? I have only ridden Rush and Canyon Hollow in Corner canyon. I just watched some helmet cam of Maple Hollow. Looks pretty cool.

sixstringsteve

I'm planning on riding maple hollow on Tuesday night. Anyone wanna come?

I just got some new (to me) forks and wheels and I'm excited to try them out. I think my bike weighs about 4 lbs less now.

sixstringsteve

It's on. How about we meet at 6 PM? Is your wife able to drive and shuttle us? She's welcome to ride with us if she'd like.

Here's a video that highlights what it's like. It's a lot steeper than it looks in the video.
[youtube]CK_DwFxgFv0[/youtube]

I've gotta finish building up my bike tonight, then I should be ready by tomorrow night. I'm going to start trying to ride xc almost every night, either up corner canyon or out at lambert. I'm thinking a night ride up at lambert would be cool.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

after swapping forks, wheels, and tires, I went from 34.4 lbs to 29.4 lbs, 5 lbs! I went from one of the heaviest forks (manitou stance --> fox float rl), wheelsets (transition 32--> DT 1450), and tires (Maxxis holy roller/minion--> Kenda Small Block 8). That's going to make a huge difference next time I go riding, especially at the wheels. If I swap my seat post, bars, and stem, I'm betting I can lose another 1 lb. Now I just need to start losing weight myself to catch up to my bike.