Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

sixstringsteve

Jeff kendal weed is my favorite rider. I don't love his pov stuff, but his professional edits are awesome.

Bkxc is a great guy. When he started out, he was just a regular rider. He sure has gotten good lately.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
So years ago I was fairly into mountain biking. I bought a specialized FSR and put countless miles on it.

I also skateboarded a ton at the time. Well I blew my knee out skateboarding and that pretty much ended my biking, skating, and snowboarding activity for life. Half the reason I started wheelin more and more too.

I have put on 40-50 lbs in the last 16 years. My knee is still worthless and swells bad with any real activity so exercising really isn’t a possibility.

My wife and boy were going on a lot of bike rides this year so I decided to join them a little. I instantly could tell that it was helping my knee, not hurting it. SO....

I am going to be trying to get in a little better shape.

My old FSR is in rough shape so I started looking for a newer bike. I saw Powder Mountain was selling their rentals this fall so I checked them out. I came home with a 2017 Giant stance2 on 27.5 wheels. Price was too good to turn down and I really like the way the bike feels. I’ve gone on a couple rides and it’s been a blast but I am WAY out of shape. But it hasn’t been hurting my knee. I’m really hoping this helps.

Anyway....one of these days when I feel I can maybe kind of keep up....I will be joining on a ride

sixstringsteve

Awesome, that's great news cheston. Cycling is supposed to be the best exercise for bad knees. Just don't crash on your knee. ;)

Excited for ya. Congrats on scoring that bike at a great price!

sixstringsteve

I don't want to spill too many beans, but she is going to train for her first enduro in 2018. She has really been getting good lately.

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
[video=youtube;mOvMR9K4YNc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=211&v=mOvMR9K4YNc[/video]

All I can think about is how crusty that snow must have been. Yuck.

sixstringsteve

We will be back in Utah in march/April. I'd love to schedule a ride with anyone who wants to join. St George in Feb, Moab in march, and salt lake in april.

Kevin B.

We will be back in Utah in march/April. I'd love to schedule a ride with anyone who wants to join. St George in Feb, Moab in march, and salt lake in april.

Let's make a plan. My boy hasn't forgotten that you promised him a ride after we bailed out of White Rim, and I wanna see how stupid good you've gotten.

sixstringsteve

I'd be interested.

Perfect, we'd love to join you. I'm not sure what will be dry by April, but Moab and St. George should be good in lat Feb/March

Let's make a plan. My boy hasn't forgotten that you promised him a ride after we bailed out of White Rim, and I wanna see how stupid good you've gotten.

Sweet, we look forward to riding with him again. I'm still not a good rider, just a little more fit than last year.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member

I'd love to ride with you guys in St George. Will you be staying​ here, or just passing through? I ride a few times a week!

sixstringsteve

I'd love to ride with you guys in St George. Will you be staying​ here, or just passing through? I ride a few times a week!
I forgot you live there now. We plan on spending a week or two there. In late feb.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

rholbrook

The 2017 mountain bike season is finally over for my 16 year old Harrison. He had a great year and raced all over the place. He had only two races he didn’t get on the podium in. He raced 2 different Enduro series a cross country series and the high school cross country races. He absolutely loves racing mountain bikes and unlike any other sport, he can get paid or sponsored and not effect any amature status. His love is Enduro and that’s where he really shines. Here is a video of him on Porcupine Rim in Moab with Sixstring Steve. Apparently this ledge is difficult to get up
[video=youtube_share;gDGHeEtkEMs]https://youtu.be/gDGHeEtkEMs[/video]

sixstringsteve

The 2017 mountain bike season is finally over for my 16 year old Harrison. He had a great year and raced all over the place. He had only two races he didn’t get on the podium in. He raced 2 different Enduro series a cross country series and the high school cross country races. He absolutely loves racing mountain bikes and unlike any other sport, he can get paid or sponsored and not effect any amature status. His love is Enduro and that’s where he really shines. Here is a video of him on Porcupine Rim in Moab with Sixstring Steve. Apparently this ledge is difficult to get up
[video=youtube_share;gDGHeEtkEMs]https://youtu.be/gDGHeEtkEMs[/video]
That ledge is insane. Harry is such a good rider and super fun to ride with. He could drop me any second, but he still hangs back so I can ride with him. You've got a great kid , but that's no surprise.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

sixstringsteve

@kevin, have you seen this bike before? I'm doing a bikepacking trip next week and I've been geeking out on bikepacking stuff. This looks like the first bikepacking bike that would actually be fun to ride. If only it had a suspension fork on it. Anyway, I thought of you immediately when I saw it. I'd love to take one of these out.

Kevin B.

I like that a lot, I'll have to put it on the list. This is the bike I'm geeking out on right now: https://otsocycles.com/products/voytek-trail

OtsoWT1121-035.jpg

Slightly more realistically, I'll end up getting a Krampus or flat bar Fargo because I won't be able to spend $4000+ on a new bike anytime soon. And a lot more realistically, I'll probably end up with the Motobecane 29+x5 from Bikes Direct, and that's if I don't just strap as much crap onto the squishy as I can and pray for hard packed sand.

Where are you going?