Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

sixstringsteve

Here's a video of our Gooseberry Mesa trip. Super fun trail, we had never done it before.

[video=youtube;n7185AXQVEs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=n7185AXQVEs[/video]

sixstringsteve

yes. South rim is the on-bike footage. I just edited it in with the rest of the footage. I wish we had done hidden canyon; we'll have to go back and do it again.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Aside from some occasional 50-60 mph winds the winter has been pretty mild down here in the land of breaking bad. Passing my time on splitting winter rides on the bikes. I'll attach some crappy cellphone pics to keep the thread movin'.

P.S. Holy sh*t! Feel sorry for my old Utah buds as you guys have been getting pounded with snow and inversion.

Finally made this god-awful obstacle. It's like the "eagles nest" of mountain bikes
2013-01-25131148_zpsd86736dd.jpg

AM rig
2013-01-23153824_zpsec4740f9-1_zpsac7e5ca5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sixstringsteve

awesome. that looks like quite the challenge. My buddy just bought a butcher to do a 650b convesion on. How do you like your butcher? I'm jealous you get to ride so much this winter. Even Moab and St George are too cold to ride right now.

Cascadia

Undecided
St. George was 59 last weekend when I was there. I took out the ktm and had to take my hoodie off. Regretted not taking the mtn bikes down.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
look at all the stacked rocks. Pathetic

looks easy, but the last rock just kills. the worst thing is you climb about 1500 ft through babyheads to get there and when you do, your (my) legs are toast.

awesome. that looks like quite the challenge. My buddy just bought a butcher to do a 650b convesion on. How do you like your butcher? I'm jealous you get to ride so much this winter. Even Moab and St George are too cold to ride right now.

Butcher has been cool. Picked it up for a steal to fill in where my 29er isn't enough and changed a few things to make it work for me. My only complaint is the factory fox rear shock just blows through most of the travel. Gonna change it out next.

Long as there is no snow or wind, im good. ABQ area and southern NM has some good winter riding and northern NM has the killer summer stuff. I'm trying to hit up angel fire before we ship out this summer.

St. George was 59 last weekend when I was there. I took out the ktm and had to take my hoodie off. Regretted not taking the mtn bikes down.

50s are nice out there! I made two trips to socal this fall without my bikes and have regretted it ever since.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
The wife and I have been looking at 29 r hardtails the last couple weeks. Sorta looks like we might be leaning towards the trek mamba

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
The wife and I have been looking at 29 r hardtails the last couple weeks. Sorta looks like we might be leaning towards the trek mamba

I had a Rockhopper comp disc, and I loved it. I just wish I'd bought one size bigger. The 29er rolls so much smoother, I could coast through cobbles faster than my buddies could pedal. You lose a little bit in turning radius and the wheels are heavier, but I didn't care.