concealed carry, Who has em and whatcha packin?

V-DAWG

someday
Tacoma brings up some very good points. I don't think though that the fear of seeing blood or guts should dissuade anyone from choosing to protect themselves or their families. I would rather have nightmares about the bad guys last breaths than my wifes or my childrens.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Indeed!

I just brought that up because I've talked to a few people who honestly hadn't considered the reality of shooting someone. I think they thought it was like the movies: shoot baddie, he falls over, that's that.

What would be worse would be the other alternative.
When I left NY, home invasions were in vogue out there, and criminal scum had started targetting the suburbs... Home invasions NY style are nice: 3-4 scum breaking in, tying up the kids, and then raping the women in front of the rest of the family.. maybe shooting the dad too. Pretty awful. NY'ers though, are bound by law and unable to really defend themselves. And if they did, NY law was pretty burdensome to the victim.

After being accosted nearly every night in my shitty neighborhood (which was all a poor college student could afford, thanks to 42% taxes! yee ha!) I decided that I never, EVER wanted to live somewhere without reasonable tax law, and more importantly gun law. I had a few guns pointed at me, lost some money, all that, and that's just not right.

[/big long ranting posts] sorry, RME! ;)

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
no need! show her the weather channel!

Syracuse NY has more cloudy days than Seattle. It is snowing and very cold in SOUTHERN Pa. as of 10pm EST. The humidity is routinely 90+%.
Everything is illegal, and half your checks will go to welfare scum who rob houses on the side.
THere are many, many biting bugs that make the occasional mosquito UT has look like cute little pets. Oh, you say, we've got deerflies? Not the kind that knock you over when they hit you, and require stitches to close the bite wound.

Stay out west. :)

V-DAWG

someday
popo said:
This is completely true. As a LEO when I pack off duty if something goes down Iam trained to observe than react. It is better to have the problem leave than cause more of a problem and get you killed. But on the other had, if death is happening due your duty and hope you can save a life and loose your own.

Also think about the liability,
Civil lawsuit
Federal charges
your life!

Be safe and use comon sence.

due your duty and hope you can save a life and loose your own? I don't get it, what do you mean loose your own?

Also why are state charges not on your list? I don't know why there would be a federal charge but not a state one.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Popo's got a death wish, that's all. ;)

I have a feeling he probably meant "NOT lose your life". I hope, anyway! Then again, if he wants to take the bullet, I'll express my deepest gratitude to his family.

Wait a minute! I'd be shooting too. Never mind!

koondawg

I have had my permit for 3yrs now, I dont even own a handgun(yet). When I finally get one, I still will only carry occasionally in certain circumstances. But, I am all for it! Anyone have a cheap gat they need to get rid of?

Turbobob

Semper Fi
I don't pack mine all the time, but I do pack on road trips. You never know what you may run into out on the open road. For instance, I talked to a guy who makes carry holsters & he had a good story of why to carry. He broke down on the side of the road and a "good samaritan" stoped to help. When he was leaning over the engine looking to see what was fubar, the guy pulled a straight razor and began slashing at him, trying to rob him. The guy got cut a few times before he pulled his weapon. When the guy saw he was armed, he jumped in his car & hauled ass. Like I said, you never know! :eek:

Jeeptj98

koondawg said:
I have had my permit for 3yrs now, I dont even own a handgun(yet). When I finally get one, I still will only carry occasionally in certain circumstances. But, I am all for it! Anyone have a cheap gat they need to get rid of?

the sad thing is when I got my permit I was only planning on carrying when I go wheeling/ hunting or long road trips, but now I find myself carrying all the time. I carry a SIG P245. Great gun.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I'm with ya brother.... and I suppose this isn't really a great topic for humor.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a CCW help keep that nut in the Genealogy Library from just blasting away??

There are indeed times when a weapon might get you killed. When I doubt it, I think of "Point Break", in the bank. ;)

V-DAWG

someday
Tacoma said:
I'm with ya brother.... and I suppose this isn't really a great topic for humor.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a CCW help keep that nut in the Genealogy Library from just blasting away??

There are indeed times when a weapon might get you killed. When I doubt it, I think of "Point Break", in the bank. ;)

Actually it wasn't a CCW. There were a couple Motors Officers from SLC who got there pretty quick and handled the situation. One of them got grazed on his hand by a round, but he kept on going.

The downtown library may be what you were thinking about, but that was just a plain clothes Deputy who snuck in and pretended to be a hostage like the rest of them, and when the time was right.......

Both situations are incredible though. Luckily someone trained to use a weapon was looking out for others, and risking their own safety.

Tiny

mmmm.....beefy!!!
The downtown library may be what you were thinking about, but that was just a plain clothes Deputy who snuck in and pretended to be a hostage like the rest of them, and when the time was right.......

That guy is my hero, him and my old man have been friends for years, used to hunting with him all the time.

Jeeptj98

Tiny said:

That guy is my hero, him and my old man have been friends for years, used to hunting with him all the time.

Tiny, what is your dad's name? My dad and myself used to hunt with him also.
on the muzzleloader

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
well that is good news, either way! I remember hearing that on the news or in the paper... so no wonder it's wrong LOL..

TO ALL THE COPS ON THIS BOARD: I dont' care if you're pricks or whatever, just want to thank you for doing your jobs and dealing with the real scum so we don't have to.. very much. I appreciate it.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Thought I would be legal and got my CC. I used to carry a Beretta 22lr with the pop up barrel and loved it. Two questions, anyone have experience with a small auto like the old Beretta that is available today and where do you carry? I personally like ankle and pocket.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
I've had my CC for 13 years now, I only carried once in a while at first...
I really liked the fact that I could conceal Carry while archery hunting!
These days I'm armed most of the time. I have a subcompact Taurus .40 but
I like my kel-Tec .380 because its so easy to conceal.

skeptic

Guns came first, then I decided to get my CWP to make carrying easier and less restrictive when camping, road trips, occasional trip to questionable parts of town.. I don't feel the need to carry everyday, but it quickly became habit and now I carry almost every day.

Winter carry with thicker heavier clothes - PX4 Compact
Summer carry is a Nano.

larrybenny

larrybenny
I have had to pull my CC twice in the last 15 years, and that kept a situation from escalating. Just shows you never know. I Carry a Springfield XD9 with a coat or a Ruger LC9 in warmer weather, pocket or ankle.