Coronavirus

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
We are REALLY limited in what we can store in our rental house. We should be fine as we've prepared as much as we can but it'll be nice to get into our own place again where we can plan for these types of things a little better. Gives me good perspective on people that do rent and how it's kind of difficult to prepare if you don't "own" your own space.

Especially if you're already paycheck to paycheck and don't have savings, let alone anything extra to budget for emergency supplies.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Especially if you're already paycheck to paycheck and don't have savings, let alone anything extra to budget for emergency supplies.

We've not been "paycheck to paycheck" for quite a while. The past couple months we've had some unexpected building expenses (which we thought we had plans for---those substantial reserves were exhausted pdq) that have killed our diminished savings. It SUCKS to be where we are financially at the moment. It is what it is and we'll make it work. Supposedly we have only planned expenses left but I'll believe it when I see it. "Paycheck to Paycheck" sucks pretty bad. We do still have some financial reserves but they've been diminished a wee bit the past week. (just like everyone elses)

Hopefully I get a good interest rate out of this for the home loan? Wish I could lock 45-60 days out. We'll see :D

Last edited:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
When you start to think about being stuck on house arrest for a month, a few things come to mind.

1. I could likely eat 3 weeks worth of food in 2 days if I wasn't allowed to leave the house.
2. If I could spend that time in the shop right now, I only eat once a day anyway due to panic about EJS happening and me not having a jeep that runs. So my food would last several months.
3. We could all likely stay at home and eat way less than we normally do and last for much longer.
4. This might be a good way to clean out the deep freeze downstairs where frozen food goes to get freezer burnt.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I should probably stock up on pellets for the smoker. Maybe a couple more packer briskets. And chickens. And pork butts. Guess another pork belly and more ribs would be a good idea too. Oh, and burgers. And steaks.

Maybe another freezer.

- DAA

I ran into Harmons to grab some chocolate for a loan officer.. and the place was crazy. Meat shelves were empty.

Kevin B.

Smiths in Magna was busy, but not crazy. I heard the Costco in Murray got rushed within minutes of the announced school closures there though.

Reactions: DAA

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Playing the 'Rona Roulette: Tom Hanks & wife, Heidi Klume, Celine Dion, Prime Minister of Canada & wife, King & Queen of Spain, John Travolta, Iranian military leaders...

I predict the Pope and many others close to him test positive and disappear, along with many more A-list celebs across entertainment, sports, media and governments.... Just watch. :spork:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I have to take tomorrow off because my babysitter is flaking and Canyons District hasn't told my wife to stay home from work yet. We're going to the movies and hopefully will have time to do some woodworking as well. I've had a rough work week (bad for me, likely cheesepuff level for anyone else) so I welcome the time off and feel like most people being asked to stay home will do the same. I am a little concerned for my wifes sake as she is with child and due July 4 just because of that, but otherwise am not concerned for my family otherwise. My mother in law who I would be concerned for passed away in December so no worries there. I guess I'm not real worried about my parents because they are early 60's but active and healthy.

Also working in gov and schools I'm not worried about getting paid but if I was public facing and relied on people interaction I probably would be. I feel like this has been talked about a lot the past few weeks but blew up today with all the closures and cancellations. My wife expects to be told to stay home starting next week but I'm not sure if there is anything to back that up other than suspicion.

As far as food goes, that'll be interesting. We are the type to figure things out for dinner on our way home from picking the kids up from school. We have some food storage but I'm not sure how long it would last or even what we could do with it.

Kevin B.

Intermountain Healthcare officials say herds of healthy individuals are flooding IHC emergency departments, InstaCares and other clinics statewide with novel coronavirus concerns — and they’re exhausting health care resources for those who are truly in need.

Clinicians are asking Utahns to stay home and utilize other resources to see if they need to go to a facility for further evaluation.