Coronavirus

Tonkaman

As you know, I’ve been sick and stuck at home for 2 months. To save money (since I’m not working) we’ve already started to clear out our frozen foods and canned goods. If the shiz hits the fan, I’m going to be screwed

Troop92

My employer just opened up work from home to all that can and strongly encouraged us to do so. I'm lucky in that I am able to and already had the needed access/setup on my work laptop. Additionally they relaxed the leave policy and are allowing all that need it to use their Extended Sick Leave before their PTO.

I hit up Fresh Market in Layton in my way home from work and it was a polite madhouse. I wasn't going there to be a crazy and get 67 boxes of Kraft Mac or 237 frozen pizzas... Wife asked me to grab a bag or two of chicken nuggets for the kiddos. I picked up a few other freezer/crockpot items, but the store was definitely worked over. I checked for infants/children's medicine and again, no dice.

We are fortunate in that we have decent food storage, no debt apart from a modest mortgage and a very small car payment, and modest savings that could sustain us for a bit if needed.

And yet.... the fear of scarcity is daunting.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I just delivered a second load of water and TP to the SeaTac area. I had 3 cars follow me to the dock to ask if I was delivering TP or other cleaning products. I just told them I don't know what's in the trailer. There's only been a couple times I've been seriously worried about getting robbed or hijacked, but today has me very worried about it.

The lack of traffic on the highways is disturbing. The empty shelves and long checkout lines at the store are also disturbing. I was glad they didn't open my trailer while I was in the store shopping. It's probably like Black Friday right now when they roll out a pallet of TP.

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
Several days ago at the Evanston Wal-Mart, the toilet paper aisle was nearly empty except for large stacks of Charmin. I've never liked Charmin t.p. and apparently nobody else does either.

Tonkaman

If you need anything. Post up here or message me. I won't stand by and let anyone struggle if I can help it.

I'm in the garage, right now, up to my elbows in grease... leaning on my Samurai, kind-of beside myself. I listened to parts of that Rogan podcast, and while that reality might be scary - I'm inspired to do what I can to help.

Thank you! RME is such a great place for extraordinary people!

I’m not too worried about making it through as long as this panic doesn’t totally disrupt supply chain.

JeeperG

Night shift worker here, stopped by Smith's after work cause it's usually my preferred time to shop anyway, I wanted to cook up some chili tomorrow, slim pickings in there. I just don't understand all the panic buying, us skinny people gotta eat too.

Wasn't a whole lot of people action but as I was headed to the checkout there was a couple there with 3 carts loaded to the brim.

I've never seen anything like this, I'm almost afraid to go see if I can find any meat later today, you day walkers are crazy. 😁

DAA

Thank you! RME is such a great place for extraordinary people!

I’m not too worried about making it through as long as this panic doesn’t totally disrupt supply chain.

I know a guy, could probably swing by with some BBQ a couple times a week :).

I am hopeful that after this surge subsides we'll all be able to get what we need again soon.

Was thinking last night, I have a backpacking trip coming up soon and no Mountain house type stuff. Bet those shelves are empty right about now though. But I have a couple weeks yet and am not worried. Worst case I just eat something else on the trail.

- DAA

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Was thinking last night, I have a backpacking trip coming up soon and no Mountain house type stuff. Bet those shelves are empty right about now though. But I have a couple weeks yet and am not worried. Worst case I just eat something else on the trail.

Dehydrated stuff is GONE. Have some friends at work who were planning a backpacking trip in South America here in a month and they went searching for some earlier this week and its out everywhere. Even online its back ordered by weeks.

Reactions: DAA

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Rec outlet in american fork was fully stocked with dehydrated meals last night. I didn't buy anything I was just killing time.

If you are in dire need of some TP remember to check the RV isle at places like cal ranch. People forget about that. I went and looked to see if my hunch was right and there was not one package missing, totally full. Not cheap but it will get you through the current panic. I didn't buy any because I am fully stocked on pretty much everything, but I thought I would let you guys know.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I just delivered a second load of water and TP to the SeaTac area. I had 3 cars follow me to the dock to ask if I was delivering TP or other cleaning products. I just told them I don't know what's in the trailer. There's only been a couple times I've been seriously worried about getting robbed or hijacked, but today has me very worried about it.

The lack of traffic on the highways is disturbing. The empty shelves and long checkout lines at the store are also disturbing. I was glad they didn't open my trailer while I was in the store shopping. It's probably like Black Friday right now when they roll out a pallet of TP.

You guys don't get enough appreciation for keeping the supply lines up and running. Thanks for what you do, and I hope you are carrying.

The_Lobbster

Stupid mad rush at smiths this morning. All I wanted was to get some basic groceries like I do every week and it was crazy. Did pick up some baby back ribs and corned beef though, so I guess there’s a silver lining there 🙂

Reactions: DAA

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
This panic about TP and the resulting mass buying has really struck a nerve with me. I was not worried and was going to wait out the stupid. Turns out stupid has some stamina. The most aggravating part to me, is people trying to sell TP on KSL for $3 or $5 a roll. I know it's not illegal but it is a douche move. Several of these people may or may not have recently inquired about a home mortgage refi or extended car warranty. I hope the companies selling those products are able to get in touch with them over the phone :cool:

Ashcat

Nowhereville northern Wisco, I stop in for a few items on my way home and to observe what the buzz is about.

Not a parking spot to be had, funeral precession-like traffic down the blvd and the store is elbow to elbow mouth breathers. Medicine is wiped out.

Paper goods and disinfectants....

Holy f*ck. People are rioting. There’s caution tape blocking two aisles with numerous Wally World goons keeping the zombies back. The store radios are full of screaming to control the crowds and 1 item per customer as they were stocking the shelves with minimal product in front of the hungry vultures. No chlorox Lysol etc.

Meat and food was average.

What a joke society is