Coronavirus

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Seems to me the only thing that matters now is when the government decides to shut the country down. Speculating with numbers and percentages doesn't matter. I now believe this wont just pass. We will have to stay in our homes for several weeks so that it can no longer spread and then die off.

As of today my family has at least 30 days of our normal food supply, before we dip into the not so good food storage items, as well as at least 30 days of hygiene stuff. My family has no real threat from this virus. I'm not really afraid if we get it. Maybe we already have it. I'm most afraid of the country shutting down and what that could possible mean to us as far a living in our house for X amount of time. Or what that could mean about our neighbors that maybe aren't ready and need food.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
My prediction, things will stay about how they are for a few weeks, April when there aren't bodies piling up in the street people start moving around more. The government/media pat themselves on the back for averting disaster and things return to normal. My 401k returns to pre-virus levels about 2024.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
My prediction, things will stay about how they are for a few weeks, April when there aren't bodies piling up in the street people start moving around more. The government/media pat themselves on the back for averting disaster and things return to normal. My 401k returns to pre-virus levels about 2024.
I hope you’re right!

JeeperG

Just got a message from a Walmart CEO telling us how fortunate we are as drivers for the fact that we are so isolated in our trucks all day. Where the **** does he think we go to the bathroom? We have to interact with people and equipment from all over the place.
Oh my.....

Let's also not forget folks that there are a whole lot of us working business as usual, they don't call us the beehive state for nothing, warehouses and factories full of us. We are basically being told if you get sick, stay home, if it clears up in 24 hours get your ass back here. My boss on the other hand said, "it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when it reaches our plant, we have 1,000 people working in the same building so I hope you are prepared to not work for 2-3 weeks"

mesha

By endurance we conquer
According to the campground I was staying in for Jeep safari there will be Mandatory cancellations of all reservations in Moab by public health order.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Just got a message from a Walmart CEO telling us how fortunate we are as drivers for the fact that we are so isolated in our trucks all day. Where the **** does he think we go to the bathroom? We have to interact with people and equipment from all over the place.

Dude, several years ago we had a phone conference with our CEO at the time and he basically told us "Thanks for working so hard so I can just ride my Harley all around the US". Sometimes I wish I was out-of-touch-rich :rofl:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Dude, several years ago we had a phone conference with our CEO at the time and he basically told us "Thanks for working so hard so I can just ride my Harley all around the US". Sometimes I wish I was out-of-touch-rich :rofl:
I'll admit, I can almost respect that comment though.

Ashcat

Like, umm, Gatorade bottles?

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Mandatory cancellations of all reservations in Moab by public health order.

This kind of authority makes me a little uncomfortable... :spork: this is a pretty broad brush that these health departments can paint with:

Utah Code 26A-1-114 said:
(b) establish, maintain, and enforce isolation and quarantine, and exercise physical control over property and over individuals as the local health department finds necessary for the protection of the public health;

This issue came up in a personal conversation and in a call with Gov. Herbert for local governments this afternoon.

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper

So does this mean that I need to get a refund for the condo I paid for months ago? This sucks, I go to EJS and I don't go to bars, restaurants or any of that, I go to the condo and head for the dirt roads all day and I head back after the day is over. It is perfect isolation for us.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
The new order says only essential persons, and primary residents can camp in grand, emery, and carbon counties. That kills it for anyone trying to camp for Easter weekend anywhere in those counties :(

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
The sky is falling, the sky is falling

I think some of you need something real to be scared of
images

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I don’t understand. Why don’t they want primitive camping??
They dont want out of county visitors spreading the disease in rural communities with inadequate facilities to handle the fallout of their communities getting it. I doubt they're worried about sick travelers inundating their hospitals, but rather someone visits and infects the locals that then inundate the hospital. they dont want visitors period.