Coronavirus

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.

For outdoor recreation, Bradford’s order directs that no camp can be located within 200 yards of another camp and no camp can host more than 10 visitors. At some point those camps will be closed. He added his agency is coordinating with the Bureau of Land Management and U.S. Forest Service on coming restrictions on federal lands.

Huh.

The_Lobbster

Been told today that my team and I are “essential employees” and that we’re absolutely required to be here no matter how bad this thing gets, unless we’re actually displaying symptoms, while the entire rest of the campus and a lot of staff are being told to stay home.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Been told today that my team and I are “essential employees” and that we’re absolutely required to be here no matter how bad this thing gets, unless we’re actually displaying symptoms, while the entire rest of the campus and a lot of staff are being told to stay home.

Same here, I'll be back to work on Monday... if the railroads shut down, the country would fall apart real quick. Meanwhile I'll be working in a rural location, hoping I can still get a hotel room and food to eat.

Houndoc

My prediction, things will stay about how they are for a few weeks, April when there aren't bodies piling up in the street people start moving around more. The government/media pat themselves on the back for averting disaster and things return to normal. My 401k returns to pre-virus levels about 2024.

Public health officers are in a no-win situation.

If we don't have mass hospitalizations and deaths, most the population will cry "over reaction" and whine about the government (and probably be even less likely to take future warning seriously). Few will think 'oh good, the steps we took worked'.

And if there are mass hospitalizations and deaths, most the population will complain the response was too slow and incomplete.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Same here, I'll be back to work on Monday... if the railroads shut down, the country would fall apart real quick. Meanwhile I'll be working in a rural location, hoping I can still get a hotel room and food to eat.
You need a water delivery, bro?

The_Lobbster

lol.... I think I'm OK, the UP buys water buy the pallet and ships them by rail.
Any chance you can get me a couple cases of those mini bottles? My friends dad who used to work for UP for years in Nebraska used to have those things everywhere!

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
If we don't have mass hospitalizations and deaths, most the population will cry "over reaction" and whine about the government (and probably be even less likely to take future warning seriously).

Probably because they cry wolf and escalate each new "crisis" more than the last, but somehow we are all still standing here.

JeeperG

Still business as usual at my work, they have placed a large sign before you walk in the building. "If you have these symptoms". Doors have been propped open and of course all the recommendations of the CDC. Still talk of them shutting us down but it's just talk. Last I knew Hill Air Force Base is still business as usual with similar precautions and changes getting through the gates.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I am mandated to work from home for the foreseeable future. All travel for work is cancelled and restricted. They have encouraged us to cancel vacations and just stay home too. I was planning to head out this weekend, and then to Cruise Moab in April, but now all of those plans have changed. Guess I will be saving my vacation days for later in the year.

Troop92

I am mandated to work from home for the foreseeable future. All travel for work is cancelled and restricted. They have encouraged us to cancel vacations and just stay home too. I was planning to head out this weekend, and then to Cruise Moab in April, but now all of those plans have changed. Guess I will be saving my vacation days for later in the year.

Yep, this for me as well. I still think riding in my Jeep in the West Desert is an acceptable form of social distancing.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I found out today I'm approved for "telework." I can't access my networks via the Internet so that means time away from the office can be made up learning about things that will help me do my job better which is also very loosely defined to what interests me.

I'm going to tinker with some python programming on pi zeros and LED boards I've got from pimoroni kits. 😎