Coronavirus

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I find this image interesting

Top25MetroAreas-1024x576.png

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Interesting article looking at the US numbers if you extract the counties around NYC. I wouldn't put too much stock in the rest of what this outlet says, but I think the argument for one-size-fits all solution is losing ground.

@Maverick posted these on Facebook:

93409504_1410437945831387_2473290375196835840_n.jpg

93082428_1410437955831386_1706764353539145728_n.jpg

ID Bronco

I know I'm tired of all that goes with this pandemic, but I have totally enjoyed working from home, having my kids home, connecting with them much more without all the other distractions of sports, dance, and a million other things that come with a lot of kids. We've played a ton of games, read books, hiked, fished, hunted, rode bikes, and tons of other things we always put off because of time constraints. I will miss my kids when this is over! I realize we get to choose what we do, but with teenagers it won't be like this again for a long time, maybe ever as I see it. There certainly are some silver linings in this. My income has been severely affected, but maybe that is a small price to pay for what I did get out of it. Anyone else loving it?

Troop92

** Centerville Target Update 4/21 **

Miracle of miracles, we had toilet paper, paper towels, and hand sanitizer in stock last night. Still no sanitizing wipes or bleach.

Rather than use curbside pickup (free and same-day), people continue to come into the store to browse. Wander. Mosey. But no, by all means, please touch every home/fashion item in the store, ungloved, while you wear a mask over your mouth but not over your nose. We're thrilled to have your children run about touching every toy and display in the store. 🙄

DAA

I think it's been five weeks now we've had to work from home. I'm way beyond tired of it. Meeting the other day they said "at least several more weeks". So it looks like it will end up being a minimum of two months working from home for me. I'm not thrilled.

- DAA

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I know I'm tired of all that goes with this pandemic, but I have totally enjoyed working from home, having my kids home, connecting with them much more without all the other distractions of sports, dance, and a million other things that come with a lot of kids. We've played a ton of games, read books, hiked, fished, hunted, rode bikes, and tons of other things we always put off because of time constraints. I will miss my kids when this is over! I realize we get to choose what we do, but with teenagers it won't be like this again for a long time, maybe ever as I see it. There certainly are some silver linings in this. My income has been severely affected, but maybe that is a small price to pay for what I did get out of it. Anyone else loving it?

My daughter is bored enough (15 yr old) that she’s doing a bunch of work in the yard with me. That will be cool as she’ll have some ownership of the house going fwd and know things like sprinklers don’t just magically appear in your yard. They take work. She loves to glue PVC together. She’s talked about ghost town trips and all kinds of things while working with me. There is a silver lining to this as you mention but I still feel the “required” response is a bit over the top? Killing an economy is a bit much? Maybe I’m a fool?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
still working every day, still having contact with the general public, still not wearing a mask around like a fawking lunatic, still not sick or got sick and didnt get sick, still believe this response is unnecessary
There is a silver lining to this as you mention but I still feel the “required” response is a bit over the top? Killing an economy is a bit much? Maybe I’m a fool?

Yeah.... I get to deal with this nonsense of little China when I return to Hawaii for work

ID Bronco

My daughter is bored enough (15 yr old) that she’s doing a bunch of work in the yard with me. That will be cool as she’ll have some ownership of the house going fwd and know things like sprinklers don’t just magically appear in your yard. They take work. She loves to glue PVC together. She’s talked about ghost town trips and all kinds of things while working with me. There is a silver lining to this as you mention but I still feel the “required” response is a bit over the top? Killing an economy is a bit much? Maybe I’m a fool?

I totally agree with you on the economy and trillions of dollars of debt, and the rest of it. But what you are getting with your daughter is an awesome naturals consequence of our current reality. Our family has done things like roadside cleanups without an ounce of whining. That would have never happened if there was something else competing for our time. Just make lemonade when you have lemons......and let's all get back to work, normalcy asap!

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I don't know whether this has been posted here or not, but this recently published study by USC reinforces what I have long thought. Through my schooling, I have had quite a bit epidemiology and virology classes. I have insight to the clinical and testing side of infectious diseases and the statistical analysis of it. What does all that mean..........most of this has not made sense to me from the beginning. What is found in THIS ANTIBODY STUDY is probably very consistent across the country. Sure there will be some outliers, but overall, I think it is a model you can apply almost everywhere in the US.