Coronavirus

DAA

I think the virus is killing at a faster rate than traffic fatalities. Google says average 38K traffic deaths a year in the US. Over 20K virus deaths so far Over half the annual traffic deaths. I don't think even reducing traffic deaths to zero will result in dropping traffic deaths by more than virus deaths.

- DAA

JeeperG

Yeah, our portion was only 31 trailers, our company ordered just over 1k in total.

Mike
It's all good, I'll be out of here soon, I'm dropping resumes already, most these cats I bet cash out retirement and collect unemployment till last minute. I got long term goals still and I can't stop building the hot rod now.

Less concerned with this virus.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I rolled up to the entry gate at work at 6 am today and the SS asked me the scary questions and pointed a temperature gun at my forehead.

I was barred from entering the premises and told to go home and call management because they could not get a temp reading under 100 degrees. They tried several times over a 15 minute period.

The first reading said 107 degrees.
Real science here.

Edited: because SS and Anne Frank

Last edited:

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Yeah, we've been temping our associates since mid-last week. Personally I think it's BS because the temp guns that the company sent us and told us to ONLY use these are all reading low. The highest temperature I've personally seen has been 97.1 degrees and we're told if anyone exhibits a 100.4 degrees or greater to send them home and notify HR. Most have been around 93.1-95.5 so not that reliable and I feel like all we're doing is going through the motions and not really preventing anything, just wasting time.

Mike

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Yeah, we've been temping our associates since mid-last week. Personally I think it's BS because the temp guns that the company sent us and told us to ONLY use these are all reading low. The highest temperature I've personally seen has been 97.1 degrees and we're told if anyone exhibits a 100.4 degrees or greater to send them home and notify HR. Most have been around 93.1-95.5 so not that reliable and I feel like all we're doing is going through the motions and not really preventing anything, just wasting time.

Mike

We've been reading temp from their neck rather than their forehead?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member

Mike
EXACTLY. I also don't like having toy guns pointed at me.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
So after some BS calls with work, and to calm Lory down, I called the covid test hotline and went to get tested. They ask a few more questions than the usual that everyone else is asking.

"Have you traveled to any of the virus hotspots in the US over the last 14 days?"
"Do you have body aches and pains (more than usual)"

I answered yes to both and they told me to get tested.

The test is sorta uncomfortable. They stick this long thin swab way the **** up one nostril and spin it around a bit. At least 2" but not more than 3" up there. Way further than you think it will go.

They said 2-4 days before the results come back.