Coronavirus

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Lost my mom on Thursday to Covid-19. Hospitalized the 7th, died two weeks later. She was 71. It’s no shit. It’s hard to say goodbye to someone who was just happy and healthy a few weeks ago. My dad is also positive, and is in the hospital on oxygen. We are praying he makes it out alive. He is 75.

Sorry for your loss Roger. Sending positive vibes for your old man to pull through.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I visited my 90 year old father a couple of days ago and he was visiting with his 94 year old friend and he said something that I had to think about. He said "this quarantine isn't hard to do since its what our lives are like all the time". He lost his wife a while back so he's always alone but still healthy and living at home. Maybe we need to visit the older folks more after this clears up.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
I visited my 90 year old father a couple of days ago and he was visiting with his 94 year old friend and he said something that I had to think about. He said "this quarantine isn't hard to do since its what our lives are like all the time". He lost his wife a while back so he's always alone but still healthy and living at home. Maybe we need to visit the older folks more after this clears up.

That is almost word for word what my FIL says. He said he's been practicing social distancing for quite some time now and he's lonely, especially since my MIL passed away.

My wife and I try to visit him as much as we can and we even took him for a drive on Saturday which I think we all needed.

Mike

Houndoc

Lost my mom on Thursday to Covid-19. Hospitalized the 7th, died two weeks later. She was 71. It’s no shit. It’s hard to say goodbye to someone who was just happy and healthy a few weeks ago. My dad is also positive, and is in the hospital on oxygen. We are praying he makes it out alive. He is 75.
It certainly becomes much more real when it is someone you love instead of a number. Prayers for your family.

xjtony

This has been one of the hardest things to quantify for me with the whole thing. For a vast majority of us there is little concern over the virus, but depending on circumstances, it can be life changing. I have a coworker that lost his uncle a few weeks ago. He got sick and was dead within just a few days. His aunt also tested positive, but with no symptoms at all. She was in self quarantine when her husband died. Spending 90% of my time out in the west desert and away from people on a normal basis its a challenge to really relate to how its affected people in much more severe ways. To my coworker and his family its much more real (and dangerous) that it will probably ever be to me. The same can be said for someone like me vs someone who lives in a large urban center as well.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I lost a close friend to the corona virus this week.......but it was not due to actually contracting the virus. He was part of another statistic that is out there that nobody is really talking about .

What's that, Paul? I saw the post on FB, he was a super nice guy... rode with you guys at Soldier Summit years ago.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
What's that, Paul? I saw the post on FB, he was a super nice guy... rode with you guys at Soldier Summit years ago.
Truly a great guy that would do anything for anybody. I won't go into many specifics on a public forum other than anxieties associated with all of this......... nothing to do with worrying about catching it........played a factor........not the only reason but IMHO the straw that broke the camel's back.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Truly a great guy that would do anything for anybody. I won't go into many specifics on a public forum other than anxieties associated with all of this......... nothing to do with worrying about catching it........played a factor........not the only reason but IMHO the straw that broke the camel's back.

Sorry to hear... that's a huge loss for his friends, family and the community.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I lost a close friend to the corona virus this week.......but it was not due to actually contracting the virus. He was part of another statistic that is out there that nobody is really talking about .

Sorry to hear, an unfortunate side affect you won't hear about on the news and sadly the numbers will continue to rise.