Coronavirus

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Lots of unknowns........lots of misinformation......from all sides. What I do know, is that myself personally being 49 years old, healthy with no KNOWN risk factors have a 99.9+% chance of surviving if I contract the virus. I think I will take my chances and keep continuing to live my life like I have since last January. If I happen to be one of the .001%, then I guess you can say natural selection got me.

Exactly, take my chances with something I'll likely survive. Or get something that was rushed through production with minimal testing by a for profit entity that wanted to be first to market to ensure profits to its board injected into me.

Vaccine does nothing for me, one i've already been exposed. Two silly masks aren't going anywhere which is the only reason I would even think of being vaccinated. Vaccine makes you more likely to be asymptomatic so the sheeple aren't going to want masks to go away anytime soon.

My only worry is my employer forcing us to vaccinate to work, in that case i'll have a hard decision to make.

And please don't give me your anti-vaxxer propaganda and how I don't care about my community.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Ya that's bull shit. Is any of that fluff in the omnibus bill that this is attached to, or is it specifically in the covid rider?

If it's in the omnibus, I'm less angry about it but think now probably isn't the time to be sending a lot of money to other countries. If it's in the covid section, that's total bullshit.

Houndoc

Ya that's bull shit. Is any of that fluff in the omnibus bill that this is attached to, or is it specifically in the covid rider?

If it's in the omnibus, I'm less angry about it but think now probably isn't the time to be sending a lot of money to other countries. If it's in the covid section, that's total bullshit.
I think a lot of people are getting worked up over reports of items in the overall bill (funds the entire government for 9 months) without separating out that from the COVID relief.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
As long as they are worked up over factual, accurate information. I have seen an number of FB posts that clearly that is not the case.
So what's true?
$700 Million to Sudan
$135 million to Burma
$85.5 million to Cambodia
$453 million to Ukraine
$1.4 billion for "Asia Reassurance Initiative Act"
$130 million to Nepal
$10 million for Gender studies in Pakistan
$40 million to the Kennedy center
$1 BILLION to the Smithsonian for a Women's History Museum and an American Latino Museum

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
As long as they are worked up over factual, accurate information. I have seen an number of FB posts that clearly that is not the case.
SMFH...........If Facebook has not flagged it, it must be true so you must be in the wrong..........they are the fact police. At this point I am not concerned about how factual some of the things on Fakebook are, I along with other people are sick of the ruling elite and their catering to special interests. With Trump leaving office, I think you are going to see a less silent and more vocal silent majority.

The people who voted on this bill do not even know everything that is in it. I have had a very spirited text conversation with one of Romney's deputy chiefs of staff today. I asked her if she knew what the Asian RIA was. I would think she would at least be mildly versed on something that has a 1.4 billion dollar price tag on it. She didn't. I asked her if her boss did.......

It has been 4 hours and I am still waiting for a response..... crickets.

I think one of the greatest successes of Trump has been to make the general public aware of the welfare that we provide to other countries instead of putting our country first.......and the hacks in DC that are owned by special interest.....on both sides of the aisle.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
How accurate is this? I do know it's a graphic found on the interwebs but most of us voters believe our "representatives" vote this way. Someone will have to REALLY do a lot of talking/explaining for me to believe a lot of this crap spending isn't somewhat true?

Domestic Funding
Kennedy Center---$26,400,000
Smithsonian---$1,000,000,000
Natnl Art Gallery---$154,000,000
Natnl Art & Humanities--$167,000,000
W. Wilson Center -- $14,000,000

Foreign Countries
Egypt---$1,300,000,000
Sudan---$700,000,000
Ukraine---$453,000,000
Isreal ---$ 500,000,000
Nepal---$130,000,000
Burma---$135,000,000
Cambodia---$85,500,000
Pakistan---$25,000,000
Asia R.I.A--$1,4000,000,000

American People
Citizen---$600
So assuming that goes out to 100 million people (which it won't), 60 billion of the 900 billion goes to the American people? Help me with my simple Cache County math. That's just under 7%?. The above numbers are maybe another 2%? What's the other 90% percent going to? Just 800 Billion... Accounting error, right?

Shit's not adding up to me. Please let me know what's up with all the PORK. I'm amazed the citizens haven't broken down the legislative doors and strung the "representatives" up..... A lot of the citizens are tired of PORK project .gov spending. Rein that criminal shit in. The legislature is STEALING from the American public.

I'm not even concerned about 100% accuracy here. Just the fact that people are QUESTIONING their "representatives" (who serve no one but themselves or their cronies) is a good thing. It's about time people get "worked up"

Those are general numbers floating around.....I can't imagine they don't have SOME accuracy? There's MASSIVE pork in this bill. Not even TRYING to be hidden. A brazen middle finger to the American Taxpayer? That's my take at least. Not that we are new to it but at least people are paying attention this time?

So what's true?
$700 Million to Sudan
$135 million to Burma
$85.5 million to Cambodia
$453 million to Ukraine
$1.4 billion for "Asia Reassurance Initiative Act"
$130 million to Nepal
$10 million for Gender studies in Pakistan
$40 million to the Kennedy center
$1 BILLION to the Smithsonian for a Women's History Museum and an American Latino Museum

This is exactly my thoughts. A wake up call (at least hopefully one?)
SMFH...........If Facebook has not flagged it, it must be true so you must be in the wrong..........they are the fact police. At this point I am not concerned about how factual some of the things on Fakebook are, I along with other people are sick of the ruling elite and their catering to special interests. With Trump leaving office, I think you are going to see a less silent and more vocal silent majority.

The people who voted on this bill do not even know everything that is in it. I have had a very spirited text conversation with one of Romney's deputy chiefs of staff today. I asked her if she knew what the Asian RIA was. I would think she would at least be mildly versed on something that has a 1.4 billion dollar price tag on it. She didn't. I asked her if her boss did.......

It has been 4 hours and I am still waiting for a response..... crickets.

I think one of the greatest successes of Trump has been to make the general public aware of the welfare that we provide to other countries instead of putting our country first.......and the hacks in DC that are owned by special interest.....on both sides of the aisle.

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I think you're right. I think it's too little too late though.
Hopefully it results in culture change in the mid terms. You are not going to see Trump ride off into the sunset. My money is on him being a major voice against the swamp culture and getting people to run against establishment republicans and making further in roads into the culture of the urban decay........more Blexit with the help of people like Candace Owens.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
How accurate is this? I do know it's a graphic found on the interwebs but most of us voters believe our "representatives" vote this way. Someone will have to REALLY do a lot of talking/explaining for me to believe a lot of this crap spending isn't somewhat true?

Domestic Funding
Kennedy Center---$26,400,000
Smithsonian---$1,000,000,000
Natnl Art Gallery---$154,000,000
Natnl Art & Humanities--$167,000,000
W. Wilson Center -- $14,000,000

Foreign Countries
Egypt---$1,300,000,000
Sudan---$700,000,000
Ukraine---$453,000,000
Isreal ---$ 500,000,000
Nepal---$130,000,000
Burma---$135,000,000
Cambodia---$85,500,000
Pakistan---$25,000,000
Asia R.I.A--$1,4000,000,000

American People
Citizen---$600
So assuming that goes out to 100 million people (which it won't), 60 billion of the 900 billion goes to the American people? Help me with my simple Cache County math. That's just under 7%?. The above numbers are maybe another 2%? What's the other 90% percent going to? Just 800 Billion... Accounting error, right?

Shit's not adding up to me. You're my rep. Please let me know what's up with all the PORK. I'm amazed the citizens haven't broken down the legislative doors and strung the "representatives" up..... A lot of the citizens are tired of PORK project .gov spending. Rein that criminal shit in. The legislature is STEALING from the American public.

I'm not even concerned about 100% accuracy here. Just the fact that people are QUESTIONING their "representatives" (who serve no one but themselves or their cronies) is a good thing. It's about time people get "worked up"

Those are general numbers floating around.....I can't imagine they don't have SOME accuracy? There's MASSIVE pork in this bill. Not even TRYING to be hidden. A brazen middle finger to the American Taxpayer? That's my take at least. Not that we are new to it but at least people are paying attention this time?

This is exactly my thoughts. A wake up call (at least hopefully one?)
Maybe @Houndoc can fact check this for all of us.

fact check.jpg

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Line 13 should jump out at you, this is typical of most .gov agencies. About $0.70 of every tax dollar you send to Washington DC is spent on administrative expense. What a great return on investment.
I know this graphic is representative of the non Rona bill, but it is just as maddening as the items that have been reported in the actual Rona relief bill.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
While a lot of the extra spending was in the continued budget, and not specifically in the Covid bill, it was passed as an Omnibus bill, not allowing a vote for one or the other. It required a single vote to pass them both. So, maybe a little less anger is warranted... but not really.

Pike2350

One thing I heard specifically regarding the Covid part of the bill was a BS allowance regarding the PPP loans. We all know a good majority of those loans went to those well connected and moat like a disproportionate amount to businesses that likely didnt actually need then loans in the first place....not mom&pop places.

Well supposedly the bill allows those PPP loans to not have to be counted as income BUT they still get to deduct the expenses they paid with the funds against taxes. This is serious corporate welfare. Free $ AND you can claim all expenses against it.

So you could have made $0 but report a loss of $2 million that they can carry over and it didnt cost you a thing.

The original bill supposedly had an income cap that would mean it would mostly be smaller businesses that could take advantage of it.....however that was scratched last minute and now ALL recipients of any PPP loan gets that privelage.

Corporate welfare since supposedly like 80% of all PPP loans went to bigger companies.🤬