Coronavirus

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I do know people that think you are IMMUNE to COVID if you wear mask. A couple of them have gotten sick despite their mask wearing
There are dumb people everywhere. Nobody has said the mask is going to save you from it. It's to try and slow the spread, almost specifically because there are so many cases of COVID that are so mild or asymptomatic that people might not even know they have it when they are out.

I get that it's easy to fall in love with this romantic idea that everything is tied into this massive international, intergovernmental, multi-media controlled, Doctor fueled, child molesting control play, but sometimes a little common sense doesn't make you a sheep, nor does being a skeptic.

Honestly, it's the ultimate argument to take because you don't need the burden of proof, and nobody can disprove the argument anymore than you can disprove aliens or God exist. If you're right, you get bragging rights. If you're wrong, well, another spin and another "well, it's a huge cover up and the more powerful and rich players are winning". So there is no way to lose the argument.

For the record, I do believe there is a lot of misinformation being put out there by governments, media, doctors etc. On both sides, all over the world. It's hard to sort through it. But I'm on record saying I still don't buy into the massive international conspiracy narrative.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
My opinion of the homeless aspect in relation to what it is doing, is a 30,000 foot observation. The homeless community is not washing their hands regularly, not wearing masks, not social distancing......essentially probably not doing much of what we are being told to do. Has anyone heard any news reports of massive increases in death rates among the homeless? I have not. If there were homeless people dropping like flies, I am sure they would be getting tested post mortem or when they end up in the hospital and that would be showing up in the numbers.

So if our homeless community by in large is not healthy and not following the guidelines, why do the numbers not reflect what we believe should be happening........if we believe what we are being told?

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
My opinion of the homeless aspect in relation to what it is doing, is a 30,000 foot observation. The homeless community is not washing their hands regularly, not wearing masks, not social distancing......essentially probably not doing much of what we are being told to do. Has anyone heard any news reports of massive increases in death rates among the homeless? I have not. If there were homeless people dropping like flies, I am sure they would be getting tested post mortem or when they end up in the hospital and that would be showing up in the numbers.

So if our homeless community by in large is not healthy and not following the guidelines, why do the numbers not reflect what we believe should be happening........if we believe what we are being told?

Maybe that demographic is not being tracked

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I can now say that getting Covid, while initially no big deal for me, has ruined one aspect of my life. :( Certain soft drinks now taste like crap to me....including my previous favorites, Coke/Pepsi/Cherry Coke/Cherry Pepsi. Evidently this is a pretty common thing--months after recovering, tastes change. That's not cool at all. :mad::mad2:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member

Where in the death numbers do they differentiate homeless or homed?

Are we being told the homeless are not affected? From what I hear, they are substantially, and disproportionately impacted.

Shit, at the the last meet and greet one of our own crumbled across a dead guy (presumably homeless) in the park. I don't recall any news reporting that either. Homeless people die on the street almost every day, and nobody hears about it.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I can now say that getting Covid, while initially no big deal for me, has ruined one aspect of my life. :( Certain soft drinks now taste like crap to me....including my previous favorites, Coke/Pepsi/Cherry Coke/Cherry Pepsi. Evidently this is a pretty common thing--months after recovering, tastes change. That's not cool at all. :mad::mad2:
I've had several friends complain about the same problem. Ran into one at a bar the other week and she was drinking Coors Light. I asked her if it was more tolerable since COVID. She told me it still tasted like piss, but more watered down. :rofl:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Where in the death numbers do they differentiate homeless or homed?

Are we being told the homeless are not affected? From what I hear, they are substantially, and disproportionately impacted.

Shit, at the the last meet and greet one of our own crumbled across a dead guy (presumably homeless) in the park. I don't recall any news reporting that either. Homeless people die on the street almost every day, and nobody hears about it.
I am not saying they are not dying I am just saying I don’t believe there is a disproportionate amount based on their living environment hygiene and health......yes an opinion only since there are no facts or statistics to prove it right show otherwise. With the way information is spun I can’t help but believe there would be national news stories all over if the mountainous homeless camps around places like California were piled with people dying from COVID.

Having worked in a clinical lab and in patient care in my previous life I know a lot of medical and non medical people. It’s funny to me that those that have not bought into all the drama say that while COVID is serious, overall things really are no worse than a bad flu year other than the demographic of sick tends to be older. Some hospitals are seeing higher patient loads but not every hospital is. Then there are people I know who think it is the end of the world.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.

Looks like Utah looses around 350 people a year to the flu.

In my quick search I couldnt find stats for 2020, but I heard there were no deaths in Utah from the flu in 2020. Seems odd. Looks like Utah has over 1400 covid deaths so far. Makes you wonder if it should be more like 1050. But every other type of death is down too so I’m sure they play into it as well.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I'm not a conspiracy guy, there is actual data in the article. I believe Anderson750 called out the CT count a while ago, but could not find it.

I was convinced there was no way the ruling class would be so bold as to solve corona shortly after the election, but Cuomo already stated the lock downs have to be lifted. I'll be interested to see if that trend continues.