dodge 1500 towing

Status
Not open for further replies.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
tweakeyjeep said:
I'm not trying to piss anyone off, I was just trying to point out some of the things that bother me, like how noisy they are, it doesn't bother me.

The glow plug thing, the reason that bothers me, is if it is not taken care of (used truck) then ya, it takes a while for it to start, remember I worked at a dodge dealership, I saw many diesels come in, I had to wait 5 minutes for one of the wait to start lights to turn off... So, that's all I'm saying.

You guys pointed out bad things about gas engines, so I was pointing out bad things about diesel engines, every type of engine has it's pro's and con's... You guys all get really defensive over something really silly!

To tell you the truth, when I get back from my mission, I do want a Dodge Ram cummins, but I want one of the 600 ft pound torque engines (The new HD engine that came out this last year and is replacing the older cummins)

You guys don't get it, I'm not anti diesel, I'm just showing the other side of it.

No you are just a whiner

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I've seen the other side of it. I've towed quite a bit with a similar truck to what this thread is talking about. We're all trying to save him from that experience.

Caleb

tweakeyjeep said:
You guys don't get it, I'm not anti diesel, I'm just showing the other side of it.

the funny thing is, I bet almsot every person who owns a diesel also has owned a gas rig...I had a FI 460 F250...I wouldn;t trade my diesel for any gas rig...I have seen the "other side" and choose a diesel;)

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
RockMonkey said:
I've seen the other side of it. I've towed quite a bit with a similar truck to what this thread is talking about. We're all trying to save him from that experience.
You don't know nothin about tow rigs or Jeeps or minivans! Quit trying to sound smarter than Tweakster, you don't hold a candle....

:rofl:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
TWEAKEY versus THE WORLD...
don't miss this one folks...sunday sunday sunday... the biggest battle this planet has seen

tweakeyjeep said:
You guys all get really defensive over something really silly!

dude did you just say silly? that was cool :ugh:

i have been looking for a cummer a lot lately i am just trying to figure out how much i can spend. priorities suck! cause the less i spend on a truck the more i can spend on a trailer and the jeep. i need to take advantage of some things while i am still single and living at home.

thanks for keeping the thread up guys... someone has to keep tweakey in line! :rofl:

James K

NO, I'm always like this
xj_punk said:
don't miss this one folks...sunday sunday sunday... the biggest battle this planet has seen

i have been looking for a cummer a lot lately i am just trying to figure out how much i can spend. priorities suck! cause the less i spend on a truck the more i can spend on a trailer and the jeep. i need to take advantage of some things while i am still single and living at home.

thanks for keeping the thread up guys... someone has to keep tweakey in line! :rofl:

Get the truck. the jeep will work it self out..........they always do :D

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
If you want to save money to spend on the trailer and Jeep, get the diesel. Otherwise you'll pay a little less for a 1500 gasser, find out it sucks, sell it for a loss, and buy a diesel anyway. So many have been there before you...

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
RockMonkey said:
If you want to save money to spend on the trailer and Jeep, get the diesel. Otherwise you'll pay a little less for a 1500 gasser, find out it sucks, sell it for a loss, and buy a diesel anyway. So many have been there before you...
Poetry, absolutely perfect. :cool:

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
xj_punk said:

I was on your side trying to give you first hand examples that gassers aren't so bad. These guys exaggerate a lot, telling me that a 5.9L can't pull shiz, and I was telling you it can, it would be "safer" and you could go "alot faster" in a diesel than in a gas rig, but what i was saying if money is your concern (which it is) the gasser will be fine, but... Hmmm..... Nevermind, it's not worth my time to try to help anyone out when everyone blows up on me.

Well, actually it is, I like seeing all these combacks, and lame threats. Yes, I did say silly to try and get some more things floating around! WOO HOO! :suka:

But then the ant ate the gram of wheat which then became some poo, and then hickey, james k, and sami started to lick it... WHAT??? :confused: I think I'm bored now!

Caleb

RockMonkey said:

yep, and not only that but look at the price of gas...diesel has gone up a little but not anything like gas has...before too long its going to be more economical to drive my PSD around than my wife's Jetta:eek:

James K

NO, I'm always like this
tweakeyjeep said:
I was on your side trying to give you first hand examples that gassers aren't so bad. These guys exaggerate a lot, telling me that a 5.9L can't pull shiz, and I was telling you it can, it would be "safer" and you could go "alot faster" in a diesel than in a gas rig, but what i was saying if money is your concern (which it is) the gasser will be fine, but... Hmmm..... Nevermind, it's not worth my time to try to help anyone out when everyone blows up on me.

Well, actually it is, I like seeing all these combacks, and lame threats. Yes, I did say silly to try and get some more things floating around! WOO HOO! :suka:

But then the ant ate the gram of wheat which then became some poo, and then hickey, james k, and sami started to lick it... WHAT??? :confused: I think I'm bored now!

do you just not know what responsiblity is?

try taking some for what you say instaed of blaming others :rolleyes:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
on my side? i don't even know the guy! don't try to clame me as being on the same side as you... i feel so dirty, and the dirt won't wash off.... ewwwww :sick:

the jeep is not far from being paid off, it is getting there.

i have been working on the cage all week and i am starting to make progress :D
i am catching on to the whole bending thing and getting pretty good using the pirate4x4 ways.
i really need to post pics!!!!
i built the hoop for the leafs/shackles to hook to in the back. i built the b hoop, and the half-buggy bars. i just busted out the notcher today, it is SLICK!!!! i could really get used to this fabbing stuff.
pics soon to come guys, i know you're on the edge of your seats. i bet supergper is stoked to see if i actually have fab skills, dang you :D

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
xj_punk said:
on my side? i don't even know the guy! i feel so dirty, and the dirt won't wash off.... ewwwww :sick:
That's good to hear son. We woulda had to take away your "Secret Forum" privledges if the rumor were true. ;)

Turbobob

Semper Fi
tweakeyjeep said:
IBut then the ant ate the gram of wheat which then became some poo, and then hickey, james k, and sami started to lick it... WHAT??? :confused: I think I'm bored now!

And you wonder why you get flamed on? :rolleyes: You post crap like this and expect people to leave you alone! Dude, when you are on fire, it isn't the wisest thing to pour gas on yourself ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.