Door-slammer CYJ7+1 buggy

cheepin

That will work just be sure to sleeve it.
Heres how I figure out my bends.I chalk out the outside dim. on the floor.Then bend the first bend.Marking the start and end of the die on the tubing.Now take the tube and lay it inside your drawing.Mark the same marks on the floor.Now you can move the bend to the next bend on your drawing and mark the marks again.Next measure between the ending and beginning die marks.Put the tubing back in the bender and use you measurements to do the next bend.
I hope this makes sense.I am terrible about explaining things.lol

xtremexj

Thanks Cheepin. All my butt joints are sleeved so no worries there.:) As far as the Pirate article, I've read that a few times over the last 10 years and I just haven't been able to get my head wrapped around it. I guess I should put more effort into it and actually give it a fair shot.

xtremexj

Made some more minor progress on Saturday even though I was sicker than a dog. Probably would have been smarter to stay inside and rest but the call of the garage was too strong.:D Got the front of the frame set up like I wanted so I can get the winch mount started. The winch will be frenched into the grill a bit so eveything is nice and tight up front. I took some inspiration from my buddy's KOH rig for the double hoops. Hopefully I'll be able to get the front mount finished this weekend.

Attachments

• juggy25.jpg
    juggy25.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 27
  • juggy26.jpg
    juggy26.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 26
  • juggy27.jpg
    juggy27.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 28

xtremexj

I was reading his build thread the other day. :cool:

Glad to see updates!

Yeah, he's pretty talented.:greg: None of my friends know I'm working on this so if you guys could keep it on the down low I'd appreciate it.;) Trying to keep it quiet as long as possible so I can see the shock on their faces when I roll this out.:rofl:

xtremexj

Finally got over my damn cold and got back out in the garage today to get a bit done. One of the guys in our club works for a fab shop with a waterjet so I had him cut me a couple of d-ring mounts so I could finish off the bumper hoops.

Attachments

• juggy28.jpg
    juggy28.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 27
  • juggy29.jpg
    juggy29.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 23
  • juggy30.jpg
    juggy30.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 28

xtremexj

Need your opinions on something. I have been second guessing the height of my roof bars and I'm driving myself a bit crazy over it. Do you guys think that this is too much overhead clearance or should I just let it be?

Attachments

• juggy35.jpg
    juggy35.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 84

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Those tow points are awesome, they look really good.

As for the height - leave it. It looks perfect to me. Looks right where it should be from the photo. :cool:

xtremexj

Thanks for the input guys.:) I've been struggling with the height for weeks now so it's a good thing I posted before I started cutting.:eek: Next weekend I'm going to try and get the roof bars completed and see what happens from there.

xtremexj

Good job! Nice tube work!

Thanks Casey! I really appreciate the positive feedback guys.:) Again, if you see something along the way that you think I should change, please let me know.
I doubt I'll have this ready to wheel this year but we are planning another Moab trip for 2012 so I will be bringing the completed buggy and hopefully I can arrange to hook up with some of you guys for a weekend run.:D