Door-slammer CYJ7+1 buggy

xtremexj

Finally got a few more updates for you guys. Last weekend I had some major issues to deal with in our club so it kind of sapped my energy and desire to be in the garage. I only got one roof bar in.:(

Attachments

• juggy37.jpg
    juggy37.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 30
  • juggy36.jpg
    juggy36.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 27

xtremexj

Yesterdays progress was much better.:) I realized that my rear hoop somehow ended up not being level so I spent some time making sure that everything was squared up again. From there I got the tubing in place for the rear of the passenger compartment.

Attachments

• juggy38.jpg
    juggy38.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 24
  • juggy39.jpg
    juggy39.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

xtremexj

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone.:( I've kind of come to a bit of a stand still until I can find someone to buy the XJ so I can order parts. If nobody bites in the next month I guess I'll starting stripping her down so I can transplant her organs into this stonger, more athletic body.:cool: Anyways, I was looking at my kickers a few weeks back and realized that they didn't have any support so I got that sorted out so there's some more strength back there. That's probably all I'll have to share for the next month or so. Maybe by then I'll have something more substantial to report.

Attachments

• juggy42.jpg
    juggy42.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 35
  • juggy43.jpg
    juggy43.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 39

BEACH

Casey Beach Racing
Supporting Member
Thanks and I hope you're right.:D It seems up here people are willing to pay top dollar for a basic CJ/YJ with tons and tires but give them something really custom and they want it for free.:-\

Agree

xtremexj

Wow, sorry for the lack of updates everyone.:( I'm still in a bit of a holding pattern due to the fact that I haven't sold the XJ yet. So, it's looking like come end of September I will be pulling the diffs and tires out to put under the buggy. I've got a D44 that I'll toss in the front of the XJ and something for the rear and make it a little more budget friendly for someone looking for a more streetable rig.;)

Anyway, I managed to get the subframe bent up and tacked in today.:)

Attachments

• juggy45.jpg
    juggy45.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 35
  • juggy46.jpg
    juggy46.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 30
  • juggy47.jpg
    juggy47.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

xtremexj

And the last few for now. The front crossmember will be solid and the rear will have some Camburg tube joints for easy tranny and t-case removal. I'm hoping to have some sheet metal work done over the next few weeks so it will give everyone a better idea on how the body will come together.

Attachments

• juggy49.jpg
    juggy49.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 35
  • juggy50.jpg
    juggy50.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 35
  • juggy48.jpg
    juggy48.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

xtremexj

This pic is at full bump - I'll have to get a tire beside it for better reference. The roof is 74" and the belly is 20". At ride height it will be 80" overall and 26" belly. I know that seems a bit high compared to what most of you build for, but for the amount of mud we have and for the expected 116" wheelbase, I want to keep as much break over angle as possible.:D

Attachments

• juggy44.jpg
    juggy44.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

xtremexj

That sub-frame is different. Can't wait to see how it fills out. Glad to see more updates!

It's going to be somewhat Twisted Customs or Jim's Garage looking. I wanted it to have support for the rear bed bar and also for the front tie ins, which should be where the motor mounts sit. Glad you're still watching.;) Anyways, here's a pic that gives a better idea of how the subrame should look when completed.

Attachments

• mogfj4.jpg
    mogfj4.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 61

xtremexj

UPDATES!!:D Finally had a chance to get something going on with the sheet metal.

Attachments

• juggyskins1.jpg
    juggyskins1.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 37
  • juggyskins2.jpg
    juggyskins2.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 34
  • juggyskins3.jpg
    juggyskins3.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 30
  • juggyskins4.jpg
    juggyskins4.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 27

xtremexj

Those were some sneak pics I was sent earlier in the week from Aqualu. After drawing up my original ideas, Todd made a few changes that turned out absolutely awesome.

Here are the nearly finished pics I received this morning. It's taken a few weeks longer than it was supposed to but Todd is great to work with even when he is moving so fast he's invisible.:rofl: Yes, my engine budget is now shot, but talk about a sexy body.:greg:

Attachments

• juggyskins5.jpg
    juggyskins5.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 37
  • juggyskins6.jpg
    juggyskins6.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 27
  • juggyskins7.jpg
    juggyskins7.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 31
  • juggyskins8.jpg
    juggyskins8.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

xtremexj

Todd is hoping to get these out the door for me next Tuesday so with any luck I'll have them for next weekend. Once I have the skins I can complete the basic mock-up of the chassis and get it finish welded before the cold really hits in the next 4-6 weeks. The only parts I won't be welding will be the subframe for now until I get a drivetrain slung in there for suspension mock-up.