Experience with any of the pocket 9mm guns?

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Here's another gun to consider. Only a little bigger than the LC9, but you would gain a few more rounds and a metal frame. Both pluses in my book, but only if you can conceal it like you would want to.

http://www.bersa.com/bersa-firearms/thunder-uc-pro-series.html

Thunder-Pro-UC-9-duoNM-L-prev.jpg

I have the .45 UC Pro and like it a lot.

My wife carries the Bersa thunder .380 often (when she isnt carrying the LCP) and it works great for her. I bet that 9mm would shoot great! Her Bersa is very accurate too.

jentzschman

I would love a small sub-compact firearm for CC, alas my G19 will have to do for now.

Good luck with the search, eager to see what you end up with and why.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I know this isn't on your list, but I bought my wife one last year and I love it.

http://www.impactguns.com/naa-22mag-1-18-holster-grip-hgmsnaa-hg-ms-744253000928.aspx

I keep it clipped in my front pocket and it looks and feels like a knife in your pocket. Super quick and easy to fold out too.

Run the ballistics on a 22 mag and you'll be shocked.

That thing is awesome. I'm so getting one for my daughter when she starts dating. She's 3 so I have a good 12-13 years, but still that thing is awesome.

Caleb

It looks like a kids gun, but ballistics say otherwise;)

22mag3809mm_zpse2a2fc7d.jpg

I'd take it over the 380 or the 9mm, and its always in my pocket!

The only reason I don't really want to is (as mentioned above) it's one more caliber that I now need to have ammo for. It is a cool gun though.

pELYgroso

'Merica
I'd be happy to show you my shield sometime. I love carrying it all day! I actually forgot that I was wearing it just now until I opened up this thread. Haven't taken it off since about 8am and never have any uncomfortable "end of the day pains" from it digging into my back, etc. If you're going to "pocket carry," It's probably a little big, as is the LC9, IMO. If I was going to pocket carry, I'd look for something a little smaller like the LCP or one with a pocket clip like somebody mentioned. With the right holster, you can get a shield or LCP size gun to conceal REALLY well like Herzog said. Before I bought my gun, I went to the range and shot all of them that they had that were the size I was looking for and that helped a ton. I settled on the M&P compact, but before I ended up buying it the shield came out so I jumped on it as soon as it was available and got lucky (after a 6 week wait) to get one. It shoots great and every time I shoot it I get more and more accurate with it! If you'd like to check out how well it can conceal, I'd be happy to shot it to you!

i have the Ruger sr9c which comes with a 17 round clip and a 10 round clip. i am pretty sure the 10 round clip will fit in your pant leg in just about any pants

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
As far as a true pocket carry, I think that is an un realistic expectation of most micro guns unless you are either a huge guy, or wear baggy/loose clothes every day. I can only pocket my LC9 in a couple of my casual jeans, and they are the loosest pants. It's the same with my Taurus 5-shot snubbie. I do think my LC9 shoots better than the snubbie though.

muleskinner

The only reason I don't really want to is (as mentioned above) it's one more caliber that I now need to have ammo for. It is a cool gun though.

I was just throwing it out there. I just find I can carry anywhere with this little gun, and a box of 50 rounds is only $10!

naainpocket_zps86eff4a3.jpg

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I like how tiny that .22 is. Might be perfect for when I want to carry but the instance doesn't allow my sub compact

Caleb

Right now, the LC9 is looking quite attractive, but I need to go handle one to see how it feels. I've never really considered an LC9 so haven't paid a lot of attention to them.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Right now, the LC9 is looking quite attractive, but I need to go handle one to see how it feels. I've never really considered an LC9 so haven't paid a lot of attention to them.
I may be able to swing by your house or work with mine Friday. I'll be in Draper all day.

kyojin

9mm is the minimum I would go for a pocket gun. In the past i've had an LCP, Bodyguard, Kahr CM9. For a true pocket gun I would go with the Kahr CM9 because it is 9mm. You can shoot +p ammo out of it that has energy in the .40 S&W range. It's small enough for me to put in my pocket.

With that being said, I currently have a Glock 27. I can put it in my front pocket depending on the pants i'm wearing. I also carry it IWB. I'm not a huge person. 5'11 195lbs I shoot a lot. In an average month i'm putting about 1000-1250 rounds down range. Trying to shoot a pocket gun fast and accurate is not easy. It's definitely a skill that is earned by shooting and is very perishable. The Glock 27 for me shoots like a full size gun yet is small enough I can comfortably conceal it in a number of ways. And it shoots .40 which is my favorite handgun caliber.

'03_RUBI

I recently sold a XD40 sub compact and purchased a KAHR CM9. Best decision ever, I love the KAHR. Fits in my pocket, although I usually carry in an uncle mikes in the pants holster which makes it almost not noticeable walking around with it. The XD was a fatty in comparison. The only down side is I lost a couple round capacity, I am going to get another mag and put it in my pocket. Watch some of the YouTube comparison on the KAHR vs. LC9 PF9 and others, I am not the only one that loves it!

Caleb

I may be able to swing by your house or work with mine Friday. I'll be in Draper all day.

I may take you up on that. I'm off all this week, but let me see what Friday has going on.

9mm is the minimum I would go for a pocket gun. In the past i've had an LCP, Bodyguard, Kahr CM9. For a true pocket gun I would go with the Kahr CM9 because it is 9mm. You can shoot +p ammo out of it that has energy in the .40 S&W range. It's small enough for me to put in my pocket.

With that being said, I currently have a Glock 27. I can put it in my front pocket depending on the pants i'm wearing. I also carry it IWB. I'm not a huge person. 5'11 195lbs I shoot a lot. In an average month i'm putting about 1000-1250 rounds down range. Trying to shoot a pocket gun fast and accurate is not easy. It's definitely a skill that is earned by shooting and is very perishable. The Glock 27 for me shoots like a full size gun yet is small enough I can comfortably conceal it in a number of ways. And it shoots .40 which is my favorite handgun caliber.

I agree about 9mm being the minimum. I'm not really looking for a true pocket gun, I don't know that I would ever carry a gun in my pocket, I'm just using the pocket term for the size reference I'm looking for. I've got another buddy that's like you (shoots 3 gun comps, any free time he has he's shooting, etc) and he swears by his Glock 26. My only problem with the Glocks is that I'm not gaining anything (other than probably being a nicer gun) over my current gun. The Glocks are wider, just as tall, and just a long as my current gun. If/when I start carrying IWB and not ankle carrying, I'll probably look at the Glocks or similarly sized guns, but for now I need the most compact I can (reasonably) get and still meet my other requirements (namely being 9mm, reliable, and comfortable).

Caleb

I recently sold a XD40 sub compact and purchased a KAHR CM9. Best decision ever, I love the KAHR. Fits in my pocket, although I usually carry in an uncle mikes in the pants holster which makes it almost not noticeable walking around with it. The XD was a fatty in comparison. The only down side is I lost a couple round capacity, I am going to get another mag and put it in my pocket. Watch some of the YouTube comparison on the KAHR vs. LC9 PF9 and others, I am not the only one that loves it!

Since this thread, the Kahr is on my list now. It's about the size I'm looking for and seems like it's a fairly popular gun.