Flavor of the Week

Cascadia

Undecided
Picked up a jeep today. Haven't had one for at least 2 years. I put a vehicle in 4 low today for the first time in years. It felt good but also weird. I've got to relearn the limits of a crawler again. It is a 99 Wrangler. It's got a 5 speed manual with a new clutch, new rear main seal, and the t case has a teraflex 4:1 kit with 2 low also. It has only been installed for a few months. T case also has a slip yoke eliminator. Rear axle is a dana 44 with a detroit e locker. Front axle is a dana 30 with a lock right. Has a smittybilt rear bumper with swing away tire carrier. Front is a warn bumper sporting a smittybilt xrc 10k winch with synthetic line. Near new 33" bfg all terrains and d window black wheels. Has some rocker guards, hard doors, cruise control, ac still blows cold, interior is in excellent condition, safari doors, extra shafts, and a bunch more.

I want to sell some parts off to partially find a build but not sure what yet. I know I will end up selling the wheels and tires, probably the bumpers, maybe the rocker guards, maybe the full doors, and will end up selling the axles also. So if anyone is interested in anything let me know and we can work something out for when the build starts.

Plans include 4 link rear, 3 or 4 link front, 70 rear, 60 front, 39-40" tires, rear axle pushed back 9 inches, front pushed forward 3 inches, h2 wheels, and hi line fenders (at least in the front) corner guards in the rear. That should do it. But there is still a lot to be figured.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Good call on a TJ, they're a great platform. I put a Teraflex LJ longarm suspension on the RME TJ and it was impressive how well it worked and climbed. It was also very low and silly-stable.

Cascadia

Undecided
No. I don't plan on keeping it streetable. It should be a great platform. Especially with a new clutch and 4:1 already installed. Forgot it also has a currie antirock up front that I'll be able to use on the build. I'm excited. It won't go fast, especially since I can't do a lot (most) of it myself.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Word of advice... If you're going to do all that work, you better be 100% committed to the thing. I couldn't sell mine for 1/2 of what I'm into it. Of course it's possible to do things "cheaper" than I did, but in the end that always ends up more expensive in the end anyway... Take an honest look at what you really want, and consider buying something used. If you really want to build something yourself that isn't going to be street legal, I would seriously consider a goat built chassis.

Bart

Word of advice... If you're going to do all that work, you better be 100% committed to the thing. I couldn't sell mine for 1/2 of what I'm into it. Of course it's possible to do things "cheaper" than I did, but in the end that always ends up more expensive in the end anyway... Take an honest look at what you really want, and consider buying something used. If you really want to build something yourself that isn't going to be street legal, I would seriously consider a goat built chassis.

These are words of wisdom and a fact that I'm keeping in mind no matter what I get in the future.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Picked up a jeep today. Haven't had one for at least 2 years. I put a vehicle in 4 low today for the first time in years. It felt good but also weird. I've got to relearn the limits of a crawler again. It is a 99 Wrangler. It's got a 5 speed manual with a new clutch, new rear main seal, and the t case has a teraflex 4:1 kit with 2 low also. It has only been installed for a few months. T case also has a slip yoke eliminator. Rear axle is a dana 44 with a detroit e locker. Front axle is a dana 30 with a lock right. Has a smittybilt rear bumper with swing away tire carrier. Front is a warn bumper sporting a smittybilt xrc 10k winch with synthetic line. Near new 33" bfg all terrains and d window black wheels. Has some rocker guards, hard doors, cruise control, ac still blows cold, interior is in excellent condition, safari doors, extra shafts, and a bunch more.

I want to sell some parts off to partially find a build but not sure what yet. I know I will end up selling the wheels and tires, probably the bumpers, maybe the rocker guards, maybe the full doors, and will end up selling the axles also. So if anyone is interested in anything let me know and we can work something out for when the build starts.

Plans include 4 link rear, 3 or 4 link front, 70 rear, 60 front, 39-40" tires, rear axle pushed back 9 inches, front pushed forward 3 inches, h2 wheels, and hi line fenders (at least in the front) corner guards in the rear. That should do it. But there is still a lot to be figured.

Congrats on the new jeep! Too bad, I was going to sell you my buggy :)

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
nope, whats it outta? Thought the dodges were mostly 32. Fords were 35. Mine was a ford.