General Dirt Bike Questions

D

Deleted member 12904

I went and picked up the old 450. She is dusty from sitting since 09 but I think I will make a good bike.

D

Deleted member 12904

I love how all you guys are "settling" for bikes waaaay nicer than mine...

Jared

I'm nearly certain we ride the same bike?

While having the honda will will allow me to adventure out the old drz for some of the riding I want to do and not limit my desert/trail riding I wouldn't say it's nicer than the Suzuki just different. Both of mybikes together might be worth a small down payment on new one so I'm happy to settle on an older bike that still far out performs my skill level.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Yep, the same but mine is a kicker. We even run the same pipe and I have some of your LED's on the bars. I've been pretty down on the Zook since the group ride in St. George in January. I ordered up some taller bars, maintenance parts, and seals with heavier oil to redo the forks. But I just looked at the box of parts from RMATV, which shipped on Feb 10th, and I haven't even opened the box yet. I just have zero motivation to do anything with it. Guess I'm getting tired of being the slow guy on the trail, and can't shake the feeling that a faster bike would help. More likely, a faster rider would help a lot more! :)

D

Deleted member 12904

So the old honda didn't want to start. Are jets normally green?

got her all cleaned and going and wow she is a ton faster than the drz!

D

Deleted member 12904

Soak all the brass in ammonia for 15-20 minutes then rinse with water. They will clean up nicely and any residue should be gone.
I let it soak in this stuff over night. Look nice and clean when I put it together after work today.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Crash jacket report: I tested mine out in caineville and was pleased. It was just a small over-the-bars in a ravine crash, but I could tell it helped

today i I got a little close to a tree while climbing up a wash. I didn't see a thicker branch that was sticking out and it stopped me in my tracks. I nearly got pulled off the bike. I rolled backwards to get free and realized I had been impaled. The tree had gone through my sweater, hit my armor, and back out my sweater. I consider myself very lucky. I am a believer in armor.

Tonkaman

Crash jacket report: I tested mine out in caineville and was pleased. It was just a small over-the-bars in a ravine crash, but I could tell it helped

today i I got a little close to a tree while climbing up a wash. I didn't see a thicker branch that was sticking out and it stopped me in my tracks. I nearly got pulled off the bike. I rolled backwards to get free and realized I had been impaled. The tree had gone through my sweater, hit my armor, and back out my sweater. I consider myself very lucky. I am a believer in armor.

Wow dude! Good thing you finally pulled the trigger on armor

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
I have always thought that the KTM 65's were a single gear bike, but apparently I am wrong. Did they used to come single gear? We are looking to pick up a bike for a 7yr old girl. We were leaning towards the PW80, but thought a quicker bike might be better.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I have always thought that the KTM 65's were a single gear bike, but apparently I am wrong. Did they used to come single gear? We are looking to pick up a bike for a 7yr old girl. We were leaning towards the PW80, but thought a quicker bike might be better.

The 50's are the single gear auto clutch bikes. 65's are your standard motorcycle transmission with a conventional plate clutch.

rholbrook

Where do you pick up the gas mats required for racing? I think Harrison and I are going to Jericho this Saturday but we need a few things. I ordered him a spark arrestor for his 150RB. I got a Lexx, anyone with experience with these?

Caleb

I ran a lexx on my crf. I have no complaints about them, especially for the price. I wouldn't hesitate to run one again.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I ordered him a spark arrestor for his 150RB. I got a Lexx, anyone with experience with these?

I installed one on a 150RB not too long ago. Worked great! You should only need a drill, hacksaw/sawzall, and rivet gun. Honda uses some sealant that makes it a little tough to get the stock endcap out, so you may need to heat it up with a propane torch a little.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
For a gas mat you can use a tarp, piece of carpet, rug........anything that satisfies the BLM that a drop of gas may not hit the ground and ruin the ecosystem of western Utah.:rolleyes:

Be sure to stop by and say hi if you make it out.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
'Nother KTM question. If by chance, I have allowed the thought of buying a KTM (2stroke, obviously) instead of yz for my next bike, what years should I be looking at? Mid $3k can get me a pretty sweet '06...