Hole in the Rock trail - March

Westernhunter

I have never met any of you, but I can tell that you all seem like a great group. I have been four wheeling for 27 yrs. I have nothing to prove to anyone. I hate breaking down so I take it easy.
I have a CB. And am prepared with a winch, high lift and a good shovel, so I have no problem running tail gunner.
My wife is not a hardcore wheeler. She mostly comes along because she can talk to me for hours with no kids interrupting. Ha ha.
Looking forward to this trip. I have 2 boxes of firewood loaded on the rack and just need to stock the fridge to be ready to go.

Just so you know my name is John, wife is Melissa.

4biker

My name is Spencer. My wife is coming along, but I haven't heard from any scouts yet. I've run part of the trail before, and I'm looking forward to finishing it this time. I've got a winch, but I'm one of the two guys that Steve has wheeled with that isn't super experienced. :D I'll be installing my CB tonight so my antenna better get here tomorrow. Like John, my wife comes along on this kind of stuff for the company more than the wheeling. The first few miles of the trail after the dirt road will be very telling as it gets a little interesting and we'll want to take some pictures. We'll learn about the pace of the trip at that point. Nothing hard-core, but good fun. Really looking forward to a fun trip!

jeffe03

We got some pretty good storm damage on our house last week that is going to eat up the budget we set aside for the trip, so we are going to have to drop out. The kids and I are all pretty bummed out.

We are all ready to go do we'll find somewhere local to camp. Wish we were going!

sixstringsteve

Sorry to hear that Jeffe, wish you could make it. Thanks for letting us know.

That leaves a spot or two open for those on the waiting list.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Hi I'm Eric and I'm a first time caller... I'm the second not-so-super experienced (ok, noob with some common sense, ok noob that listens, mostly, but no ego ...). I'll be there with my 13 y.o. daughter who wants to learn to be my spotter (when I can get her out from behind the wheel) so she has instructions to ask why a spotter picks a certain line. Once she learns, I'll have her teach me...

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
My name is Brandon,my wife is Jen, and my English bulldog is Molly. I am an aspiring to be an environmental lawyer. I'm a Toyota guy that likes to poke fun at people, and have a good time. My wife only comes wheeling so she can talk to me for countless hours.

sixstringsteve

hey any way to squeeze in two more capable rigs with 3-4 people?

We have a spot for you two, but I need to hear back from you by noon on Wed. I sent you a PM. If I don't hear from you by noon on Wed I'll let the next guy in line (TRD270) grab that spot.

Last edited:

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
I will be driving down early. I would rather take it easy on my way down and save some gas money. I can cruise at 70-80 no problem it's just my rpms at those speeds are 4500-5200 so I don't care to do that if I don't have to. I am going to be pulling a trailer also, we will see how that goes. I'll try not to slow the group down and you can leave me if I do. I'm going to install a cb for the trip and then sell it after. Should be a fun trip, can't wait.

sixstringsteve

Ok, my noob friend david isn't coming anymore, so there is room for everyone on the waiting list.

Warm welcomes to wheelin4me, Duane, and TRD270. Welcome to the group and welcome to our trip. We'll see you guys tomorrow afternoon at 3.

We should be able to make a great pace with such a capable group.

Last edited:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Sweet deal, i'm so glad I was able to get the time off. I was really bummed when I found out my work schedule when you first started planning this.

Look forward to meeting you all

Also Steve, (though i'm not sure it matters anymore) I will be +1 friend i'm trying to get to buy a rig :greg: and I was wondering if you have your .gpx file anywhere? I skimmed through the posts but didn't see it.
Just want the cords incase I can't quite make your departure time and have to play catch-up

Last edited:

4biker

My wife reminded me of something important today - don't forget sunscreen! It gets really hot out there, and I for one am not exactly accustomed to sunshine yet.
Also, info pm sent.

*edit* - does anyone have a SWR meter they are planning on bringing? I don't know if I'll have time to get my CB tuned before tomorrow night.

Last edited:

Westernhunter

Just found out, my wife can't get home from work until 3:30. We will catch up in Price or Green River. What CB channel are we using?

Looking forward to meeting everyone! Glad that we will be able to hang with you folks. We wont be able to make the 3pm meeting at Cabelas so we'll meet up at camp. We should be hitting the road around 5:30.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I've got mine in the jeep ill leave it there.

My wife reminded me of something important today - don't forget sunscreen! It gets really hot out there, and I for one am not exactly accustomed to sunshine yet.
Also, info pm sent.

*edit* - does anyone have a SWR meter they are planning on bringing? I don't know if I'll have time to get my CB tuned before tomorrow night.