Hot Rod parts, off to be sandblasted!

78mitsu

there's a cool way to mount a caddy motor, the block has bosses on either side you could make a babys hand mount that would hold them, it'd look sweet. I built a pair for a 70 chevy once, but I can't find the pix. I did it with tube, and cutting up an existing motor mount. One thing I found is you have to connect the two mounts together so that they don't try to push the frame rails apart - plust it will protect the bottom of the oil pan on your hotrod.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
there's a cool way to mount a caddy motor, the block has bosses on either side you could make a babys hand mount that would hold them, it'd look sweet. I built a pair for a 70 chevy once, but I can't find the pix. I did it with tube, and cutting up an existing motor mount. One thing I found is you have to connect the two mounts together so that they don't try to push the frame rails apart - plust it will protect the bottom of the oil pan on your hotrod.

I have a pair of replacement Caddy motor mounts, I'm going to use them and weld some brackets on the outside of 'em so they'll bolt into the frame. With this engine I can not run a crossmember under the engine, between the motor mounts. There won't be enough room between the ground & the motor. The oil pan pickup is at the front of the pan. I do plan on adding a crossmember behind the sump, under the motor, ahead of the transmission. Clear as mud?

I was out fitting the TH400 transmission this afternoon, the pedals are going to be a tight fit!! And I'm going to have to trim the ears, just some excess material, off the sides of the bellhousing to get the tranny to fit between the frame rails! :eek:

Dixon

Greg isn't there a Rat Rod club in Grand Junction? I see a bunch of them dragging main in Moab the friday night before the car show in April. I think it's a fun idea to make a car with the look of a rod and use what ever parts you can find. Like a tractor grille

Greg

Admin
Greg isn't there a Rat Rod club in Grand Junction? I see a bunch of them dragging main in Moab the friday night before the car show in April. I think it's a fun idea to make a car with the look of a rod and use what ever parts you can find. Like a tractor grille

I know there's a Hot Rod club here in Fruita, but I don't know about GJ. I'd imagine there is, seems to be lots of neat cars in this area.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Just quoting what was on the sight. Still really cool though. Someday I hope I get a hot rod. I've been thinking about selling the Samurai, and getting in to a muscle car. My Dad has a 48 Willys convertable that I think would be a great Rat Rod.

Greg

Admin
[YOUTUBE]b_ywnVJPPX4[/YOUTUBE]

Get your ride on the road Greg!

It'll be awhile, probably winter before it's done. Right now my Jeep project is taking all my time. I need to get that on the trail by mid-Sept, then the Rat Rod will see more attention.

Speaking of... you know of any aftermarket drop axles for sale? I like my current axle, but finding steering parts for the old Model A axle I have is becoming a major task.

Badbuggy

rock star
Not unless you buy them new. I have several hot rods in the works so if I knew where there was a deal, I would already own it. Call me if you need some help with anything.

Greg

Admin
Not unless you buy them new. I have several hot rods in the works so if I knew where there was a deal, I would already own it. Call me if you need some help with anything.

Yeah, that figures. I'll call you when I'm back in town, I'd like to see what you have going on. :greg: