KTM 300 Database

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I'm thinking I'm due for a carb refresh, new battery, and a top end.

Is a Shorai lithium battery all it's talked up to be? I get a pretty good deal on them.

What is the best piston kit to get?

Also, how regularly should I refresh my fork oil?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I'm thinking I'm due for a carb refresh, new battery, and a top end.

Is a Shorai lithium battery all it's talked up to be? I get a pretty good deal on them.

What is the best piston kit to get?

Also, how regularly should I refresh my fork oil?

I put the Shorai in my 350 recently but have not had it long enough to give you any real feedback. I have always heard good things about them. As far as top end I would use a Vertex kit with OEM gaskets and seals. My recommendation for fork oil is to service it at least 2 Times a year with as much as you ride and race. I would do the shock at least once a year.

Last edited:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
For 2016 the KTMs have a rubber mounted handlebar so the stabilizer mount for my 2012 doesn't work. I looked at the options and didn't feel like spending $300 for the new style mount. So I did a little measuring and found out the older style top triple clamp fits the new bike. So I hit up ebay and got this gem for $50.
20160623_114326.jpg

I forgot the handlebar mounts are different so I have a set of them coming from E-bay as well for $40. Good timing, my bike rolled off the kickstand while helping my son pick his bike up last week and the stock handlebar clamp is bent.

Not a bad way to retrofit the new bike for $100 instead of 300 and get a stronger handlebar mount in the process.

Caleb

I'm pretty sure I have at least one set of ktm handlebar mounts I would have given you. Still can have them if you want.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Just an FYI the complete Namura top end repair kit comes with every gasket and O ring on the motor except the bottom end stuff.
However the powervalve gasket covers where wrong.

Also I'm trying Pacific Pipe repair on my FMF pipe. I paid someone else to do it but it was too out of shape for them to fix perfectly. Hopefully I'll see great results from them.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Well, looks like the new triple clamp didn't work. 4cs forks are slightly larger in diameter from what I can gather. This puts the forks in a bind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Just clipped a rock somewhere, maybe when I dumped it in the wet rocks on our way back. I didn't notice until I was loading up. I'll ask Luke if he kept them.

I'd appreciate it if anyone can help. Money is a little tight with my wife on maternity leave.

D

Deleted member 12904

I have some from my 12 you are welcome to 801.870four109

rholbrook

Rumor has it ChestonScout is going to sell his 2008 300XCW. Sorry Cheston, I dont want to see this bike go on KSL to anyone we don't know. It has a ton of goodies which isn't all but does include ELECTRIC START, Rekluse, Left Hand Brake, radiator guards, radiator fan, FMF bike and spark arrestor, Scott Steering Stabilizer and Moose Bibs to name a few things. Hit him up. He did mention $4,700 to start at on KSL.

Cascadia

Undecided
Sadly he's got to get a dump trailer for his families burned down cabin. I would give him mine to use as long as he wants but I have it stuck on a job for who knows how long. This bike has seen its way around RME members and is an awesomely setup bike.