KTM 300 Database

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I put about 4 hours on my TX300 before I touched the jetting. Figured I would leave it rich for the break in. I decided to do the slide mod to it that many people have done to help clean up the Mikuni at the time I changed the jetting. To my surprise when I went riding this week, the bike ran much worse. Was horribly rich. I had planned on putting a JD jetting kit and a V-Force reed block in it at some point so this made it happen right away.

I found the root of the problem when I installed the new parts.

Attachments

• 20180906_215728.jpg
    20180906_215728.jpg
    860.8 KB · Views: 20

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Moto Tassarini doesn't list a part for the 2018 TX300 yet, but I bought the vforce 4 reeds for the 2019 TC250 assuming it will be the same. I'll report when I fit them up.

That stock Reed failure is ridiculous!

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I never sold my 08 300. But it sat for the last couple years or so.

I was all gung ho on riding this summer but work got the better of me. Only got out 3 times. And it’s like I’m completely starting over again

So...

I don’t think my jetting is off. Once the thing is running, it seems to be good. It definitely was lean when I brought it home but have been tinkering with it

It’s just miserable to get started. Once warm it isn’t too bad now.

My other complaint is the slight bog just over idle. I’ve heard it’s really common and I’ve heard the lectron eliminates that

Maybe I have other issues that isn’t even carb related. I don’t know

I would be down for another RME ride but all you guys are so friggin fast now and I’ve only gotten slower with age.