Kyle's new project

sixstringsteve

Awesome. If those were 15x9's, they'd be mine already. The wheels alone cost that, and he has my favorite tire on there too. Those BFG rivals are incredible.

sixstringsteve

those are racing tires that'll wear out pretty fast on the street. I've never driven them, but they're what I'll get next for autocross.

sixstringsteve

Once my current tires wear out, my next street tires will be BFG Gforce Sport Comp 2s. They're not as sticky as my current tires, but they'll get much better wear on the street, and they can handle rain better than my current tires (which are still great in the rain for what they are). I'll still probably get a set of race 15x9's with some BFG Rivals eventually, but those will be saved for track and autocross days.

The BFG Rivals would be the most fun, but they're sticky and they probably wouldn't last more than a year on the street.

I have Bridgestone Potenza R11-As right now, and they're just as sticky and also have a short life.

Check out this thread, tons of good info. Most of the questions are specific to miatas, but the recommendations apply to all small sports cars. Rudy is a fantastic resource. You can also email him with your needs and he'll give you a good recommendation:
http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=280095&page=17

Last edited: