maddies drive way 1 ton rover build

zukijames

just kinda sitting there sorta attached .. what you dont think those are nice lines! lol also the front of the vehicle will sit 2 inches higher than pictured and back will sit 3 inches or so higher than pictured.

we dont really know what to do about the hood.. its just a floppy piece of alum. now and the shock mounts need to come through the hood but if we cut 2 big holes in the hood it will be even more floppy.

any suggestions steve maybe when we get back from cali you can come over and give us some advise on how to make it look almost decent. I've been lazy and haven't helped much except suspension, shes got no experience so we knew it would be pretty ugly but dont want it to be hideous

sixstringsteve

we'll get it looking good. Are you 100% sold on using the original aluminum hood, or are you open to other hood ideas? Are the front fenders aluminum as well?

zukijames

other hood ideas would be great. fenders are alum also.. only draw to the hood is its light.. fenders are light.. and it would be nice to keep some of that disco look to it

Getting closer I can wait I might need some new seats if any one knows any for cheap. I will post pics soon. And hopefully we can get a group together and go out to the snacks if any one is interest.

thanks guys :) no we just took the hood off to make sure my belt wasnt rubbing or anything since I had to get a new pump and pully. I will run a hood but if there are any ideas on how to make it look good let me know? Its a blast driving I cant wait to go out on a trail!

Thank you its pretty loud the exhaust being cut makes it sound way louder and meaner than it is. i love the full hydro its amazing turns one finger.

Thanks herzog :) its been a crazy project lol james is so great for helping me I have learned a ton building it now I just need to take it on a trail :)

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
thanks guys :) no we just took the hood off to make sure my belt wasnt rubbing or anything since I had to get a new pump and pully. I will run a hood but if there are any ideas on how to make it look good let me know? Its a blast driving I cant wait to go out on a trail!

IMHO, weld aluminum angle to the underside to stiffen it up!:D Or you could build a framework out of something light like 1/2" tube & use tech screws or rivets to attach it!:D

Just my $.02 worth.:-\

zukijames

2 steps forward 17 back.

We've been slowly finishing up the cage gusseting and boxing in mounts ect ect,
Drove around town a little bit. Took it to show her grandpa blah blah

Then took 17 steps back

But

Panos to the rescue .

Sunday during dinner the neighbor came threw the front door and told us maddies rover was on fire..

922E6776-AB46-4A2C-AF67-FDC99C61D3AB-185-0000001C0E611D72_zps7bcce0b0.jpg

I texted panos about it . Sunday night. He drive down yesterday morning! And is taking on this mess of a project for a very fair price !

zukijames

man, sorry to hear about the fire. I'm glad the neighbors warned you, it could have been MUCH worse.

We are very greatful it wasn't worst.. And will not be workin on it on Sundays... Alteat not as much ;)

Even I the whole thing would have Burt it's just things.. No one was hurt . Around here we are all working harder on just thugs not being so important and working on looking at the big
Picture..

Either welding spark, grinding spark , or my ground on my welder.

The seats were really torn up lots of exposed foam . I'd been welding maddie had been grinding. Just trying to get a few little things done before dinner.

We went in I left my welder on.. It has a low duty cycle and heats up and stops working so I left it on so the fan would cool it down, the bolt on my ground clamp has gotten really hot a few times lately. It was clamped near the bottom of the seat.

Or a welding/ grinding spark could have got in the seat and just been smoldering ..I checked everything before we went In to make sure everything was okay..

Maddie was in the bathroom when the neighbor came in and told us.

So she didn't know where we all went.. When she came out I heard her screaming it broke my heart!
And the my nephew saying. " big truck, hot, broken!"

Luckily the gas tank was out but was sitting under it I pulled it out( was a little warm on my face)
Dad grabbed the extinguisher I grabbed the hose, brother backed up maddies car that was parked behind rover.

Nothing in engine bay was Hurt or tires or any other goodies.

Panos doesn't know it but I might call him and ask about propane.

We were planning to take it to him this winter and clean up all the wiring mess anyways..

Maddie was just really excited to take it out for national public lands day.

It will be good to get it done right just hope we get it out on the trail soon!

Once again thanks panos for coming to the rescue