Maldito's 88 4Runner

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I agree with everyone on whats been said about the cooling fan. It definitely shouldn't be noisy under normal driving conditions. You also mentioned your temp gauge reading between 1/8 and 1/4 I could be wrong but I think it should be sitting near the middle to be at 195*. A stuck t-stat or one that doesn't close all the way will also result in worse fuel milage.

Anyway cool 4runner it look great so far :cool:

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I tried checking the ohm settings But I couldn't really figure out what I was doing haha. But I was wanting to get another throttle body with the cold idle stuff and sensors on it because mine doesn't have any of that fast idle stuff in working condition lol.

I have looked in the radiator to see how the coolant will start flowing and then will be still then start moving again etc, so I am guessing it is opening and closing properly. I did replace it when I changed the headgasket about a year ago.
When I took apart the head I removed the clutch fan and I dont believe I saw any oil in there? Just a rusty spring lol.

But yeah, I think after all I've read and the process, going with the OME suspension is the route I will go.

Last edited:

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Yeah this year my mpg are worse, last year I was averaging 16-18 mpg with the same setup. The one things that have changed since was I replaced the headgasket, O2 sensor and I have a 261C crawler camshaft I think it's called. And my timing is a few degrees advanced.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
So I'm considering joining the double cab lineup this year. As far as the 01-04 double cab tacoma's go, is there a year that's better than another or riddled with gremlins etc or anything else I should be concerned over? I wanna start keeping an eye out and looking for good deals but I also wanna be aware of what to look out for when I go to see one. Once I have one in my possession I'll be selling the 4Runner.