Archived Moab Easter Week 2014

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
so who else is running what? I need to sign up and wanted to run with the rme folks... sounds like HR on sat and I will always run kanes on thursday... what else is there...

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
think I might do strike revine on tuesday... but then again maybe not... had to add a front locker to my profile in order to get anything above a 6...

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I would have to leave my pug home in order to do elephant hill... and no one there to watch him....

Are you sure? I know there are guidelines for that but can't recall what they are, we take our dogs into Arches NP all the time during cooler months but they don't hike the trail with us.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Are you sure? I know there are guidelines for that but can't recall what they are, we take our dogs into Arches NP all the time during cooler months but they don't hike the trail with us.

They are not allowed:

http://www.nps.gov/cany/planyourvisit/pets.htm

Activities with pets are very limited at Canyonlands. Pets are not allowed on hiking trails or anywhere in the backcountry. Pets may not accompany groups traveling by four-wheel-drive vehicle, mountain bike or boat.

Pets may accompany visitors in the developed campgrounds, and may be walked in the park along paved roads. Pets may also accompany visitors traversing the Potash/Shafer Canyon road between Moab and the Island in the Sky. Pets must be leashed at all times when outside a vehicle.

Bart

Hahaha, yeah, side-x-side guy. He was a real, um, interesting guy. Looking forward to EJS and glad to see that Stephen will be joining us on HR. I will probably only be in Moab through Monday night. Not sure what other trails we'll be doing. Not even sure what rig I'll be in. We'll see.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I was going to come spend that weekend with you guys as well, but I'll be in New Orleans the week prior so I'll be tapped out. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Do they restrict ATV's/side by sides/other PITA trail machines during EJS and keep trail rides open only to vehicles?

Easter Jeep Safari (EJS) refers to the Red Rock 4-Wheelers event and that is limited to street legal full sized 4WD vehicles such as Jeeps, Land Cruisers, Samurai's, ect. Now if you are planning on going down during the week before Easter and not participating in EJS, most of the trail are open to anyone throughout the week. I believe on Easter weekend itself there are a few trails that get closed. Also, you would be wise to look at the trails that EJS is running on which days and avoid those, as the Safari groups are generally pretty large and slow moving.

If you are going down during the week before Easter, I would encourage you to register for EJS. Its a great event, and the RR4W's are one of the primary reason's that there are so many trails available around Moab. Supporting the event helps keep those trails open.

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
I'm going down the first weekend then coming back home to work Wednesday and Thursday. Then Friday coming back down when my wife is off work. Is there somewhere we can post our plans so maybe others can run the same trails? I have my first few days pretty laid out and wouldn't mind a few more rigs(only 2 or 3 of us that first weekend)....

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
My schedule follows:
First Sat---Hells Revenge (Bart Jacobs)
Sun---Escalator through Hell (Dave Adams)
Mon---open
Tues---Elephant Hill (Linda Adams and Brett Davis)

Most likely headed for home on Tues. night. Kinda want to stick around for Wed. but with the new job, not sure how far to push it. :D Feel happy they are letting me take a couple days.

coach

We're leaving KY the afternoon of Thursday the 10th, arriving either late evening or early morning Saturday and staying at Moab Rim RV Park & Campgrounds. We'll be leaving out the following Saturday evening or early Sunday the 20th.

Monday we're doing an easy run with Teraflex on Mashed Potato and I'm letting the GF take the wheel for the day. Two official EJS runs. One on Pritchett Canyon on Tuesday and Hell's Revenge on Big Saturday since I know a couple of the trail guides for that ride. Pirate run on Rusty Nail on Friday.

'95 YJ, locked, 38" tires, three link front, 106" wheelbase. This will be our first time out at EJS and hoping to get into an experienced group on our off days, do night runs, etc. Each year we do a week of wheeling without any days off here on the east coast and I realize how punishing it can be, but want to experience as much as Moab has to offer as we can.

SICK99TJ

I will be down there Sunday of the first weekend till Saturday. I am sponsoring Gold Bar Rim on Thursday and a easy run on Wednesday hell roaring rim. We have a bunch of first timers and low modded rigs on Wednesday. Staying at La Quinta Inn all week. Would be fun to meet up for some night runs and other things with fellow RME'ers.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I will be down there Sunday of the first weekend till Saturday. I am sponsoring Gold Bar Rim on Thursday and a easy run on Wednesday hell roaring rim. We have a bunch of first timers and low modded rigs on Wednesday. Staying at La Quinta Inn all week. Would be fun to meet up for some night runs and other things with fellow RME'ers.

What's on Monday?